• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

It’s such a missed opportunity not to put a huss breakdance 5 in there.

Decent throughput, indoor ride and would go a long way to finishing off the area. Could even be open for winter. Partial indoor outdoor queue with a bit of a rolling pre-show.

Gets rid of a poxy arcade, that are somehow still more pervasive at Alton than the other Merlin parks.

Towers might be a huge resort but they have too many arcades, imo there’s no need to have both the Games Bunker and the one in X Sector, equally there’s no need to have one in both FV and Mutiny Bay, a waste of some good area. At least it’ll be well themed I guess.

Towers might be a huge resort but they have too many arcades, imo there’s no need to have both the Games Bunker and the one in X Sector, equally there’s no need to have one in both FV and Mutiny Bay, a waste of some good area. At least it’ll be well themed I guess.
I'd be happy if this new building was half arcade and half a covered seating area. Lots of room for vending machines (moved up from the Skyride toilets) and even a couple of Freestyle machines.

If Towers lacks one thing other than flat rides, it's covered seating areas!

I’d rather all of the areas mentioned were indoor quick service than arcades. And don’t even get me going on the game stall. Particularly the KC one. Ruined the area, as have the nemesis ones and the basketball one near towers street looks farcical.

I’d love to see the car park behind the MB arcade used for a flying theatre. Edge games as an indoor flat. And X-Cite as F&B/Oblivion merch or indoor flat. Maybe an escape room?

There’s lots of better things they can do with these spaces to make money or improve the experience.

The X-Cite building could easily be gutted out (the Oblivion shop and on ride photo booth can be moved to a new extension to the Oblivion station building being on the exit) and turned into a mirror maze attraction which not only is it the perfect size for one but is another added attraction to X-Sector and an indoor one.

Going off topic from the new Arcade building here but I wonder if the reason for it being so big is that they are planning to cut down on the arcade buildings and reduce them to say something like two larger ones maybe in the long term?

I have actually realised something regarding the new Nemesis gun in the queueline regarding its somewhat cheap nature as to why that was.

Allow me to put on my tinfoil hat on but I suspect that the old Nemesis gun/drill was supposed to be moved from its former location to where the new Nemesis gun is in which would have been a use of recycling old theming in which the plan would have been to restore the structure and simply replace the drill end with a blaster on the end. Given how many old bits of theming of Nemesis have been reused it does seem plausible that this would have been no exception.

It would seem that the problem was that when they tried to move the old drill, it must have disintegrated given how bad of a condition it was in and thus they were force to make an all new gun quickly which is why it might look rather cheap to some. Shame really as if the structure wasn't so dead on its legs and given some theming tweaks to it then I'm sure we would have had a very cool and detailed looking piece of theming that would have looked better than what we got and the fact the drill head remains in the queueline might be a little hint to what might have been.

Oh, if only...

Last edited: