• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forbidden Valley: Future Changes?

Purely based on the lack of sockets outside I’m guessing not.

What I can’t fathom is given the footprint of the canopy, why would you make the building as large as you possibly could? It wouldn’t hurt
Good spot regarding sockets!

Even if not for this season, I can see this being ultimately used for an attraction in the future. The canopy design could be designed with this in mind and end up being used as a covered queue space

How tall is this building is it bigger than the coffee shop or merch shop?

I feel any new building built from scratch would make sense to have higher ceilings than low ceilings making it feel dim and small, I can’t see why it wouldn’t be an arcade establishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lack of sockets at this stage doesn't really mean anything - without seeing inside to see if the electrical installation has been completed, they could have just not installed them yet. They'd be installed once the wall is complete, as they'll be surface mounted weatherproof sockets, so just drill through and fix on the finished outer skin.

I can’t fathom why anyone would pay Merlin prices to go to a theme park and play arcade machines but they have them at Universal so if it’s good enough for them I guess… I wish they’d have like a vintage area of the park or something and keep all this sort of stuff to that area, the most sensible place to do so would be what is now dark forest, they could theme it to a vintage area as a nod to the park’s past and keep all this sort of stuff to that area where it doesn’t look jarringly out of place.

I can’t fathom why anyone would pay Merlin prices to go to a theme park and play arcade machines

This baffles me too. I took my wife and sister in-law a few years ago and they both had to spend a good 15-20 minutes in each arcade we passed. I'll never understand it. I thought we paid to enter somewhere unique and ride their multi-million pound machines, not play on penny-pushers we can find on the Scarborough seafront! Clearly I was mistaken o_O

Each to their own though I guess, there are obviously enough people with a similar mindset to make this investment worthwhile.

How tall is this building is it bigger than the coffee shop or merch shop?

I feel any new building built from scratch would make sense to have higher ceilings than low ceilings making it feel dim and small, I can’t see why it wouldn’t be an arcade establishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Might double up as a scarefest maze or something? Push all the machines to one part....

I did mention it looked too big to be just an arcade and got shot down in flames

I could be wrong on this but I don’t think they have them at any Disney parks and they seem to do alright.
Disneyworld used to have arcades, (but not claw machines) however they removed them from the parks about 5-10 years ago and now they only have them in the hotels. The exit to Space Mountain was one major arcade but I can't actually think of any others in the parks.

Found an article on it https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201501/4373/
They had to remove all prize ticket games due to gambling laws in Florida, so they closed the Tomorrowland arcade at the same time. The resort arcades still exist https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/recreation/arcades/

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

Well then, can't say I've personally heard of them in my neck of the woods but...it seems a flat, dark ride or lazer shooter maze might have all not been all bad ideas after all.

Like others have said I don’t get going to theme parks to use an arcade, towers have such a small inside amount of space you think they’d use what they do have better,

my immediate thoughts:
fv r Cade - I don’t know?
mb arcade - indoor pirate show, ideal all year round
xcite - escape room/ mini scare mazeloosely on sanctuary.
goal striker - just leave it empty save faffing every scarefest