• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

Current Fantasy Racers League Standings After Bahrain:

TST's Queens of Speed​
Pos Team Name Player Name Value Points
1st Ser Lionel Ser Lionel 46.71 2013
2nd Force Will 2014 Will Garner 45.32 1833
3rd* The Earl's Horses Tom F 44.73 1299
4th German superiors Matty H 39.31 1022
*Did not take part in the first race​

As Niki Lauda said after today's race, anyone who thinks F1 2014 is boring is an idiot! That was one of the best races in a long while, very exciting! Not sure how Lewis managed to hang on there at the end!

:)

That was indeed SO much better than anything else we've seen so far this season - best since Brazil 2012, for my money...

But more importantly...!
0209225.jpg

Nearly five, long, painful years I've been waiting for lightning to strike twice, and at long, long last...
dne1406ap318.jpg

The team in green, white and orange strike bronze! And with our weaker driver, no less!
Nico deserved better, but was once again spited by safety car misery, but 25 points from one race is a Force India career best, so I'm on cloud nine right now!

So by way of a tribute, have some pictures of me being a fanboy:
318564_10150445461140864_732798393_n.jpg

229283_10150567577220360_5743179_n.jpg

527121_4195356598812_1211185972_n.jpg

And what makes it all the more exciting; there's 16 more still to come this season. Maybe. Just maybe...

Well that was a great race. Some awesome action in there. I don't know what they fuel the two Mercedes with but man they are quick!

Maldando showing again that he is dangerous. I really don't think he should be racing, he seems to get the red mist. I would have given di rests a drive over him any day of the week.

I don't think we could've had two more different races with Malaysia and Bahrain. Bahrain looked fantastic under the lights, and I hope they do it again next year. Some of the overtaking moves were just insanely brilliant. I'm also starting to warm to the sound of the new engines.

On the subject of Maldonado, I don't think a ten second stop/go penalty, three penalty points on his licence and a five place grid drop for what he did to Gutierrez is enough. He's just too dangerous, and I think he's on very thin ice right now. It wouldn't surprise me if he became the first driver to have a race ban on this new points system - in fact, I would very willingly put a fiver on that happening!

Also, it was good to see Checo get another podium, and Force India's second. On that note, they're currently second in the Constructor's Championship. I'm seriously impressed with that, and I reckon we can expect more great things from them this season.

^ The crown prince confirmed before qualifying that the race would continue to be held under floodlights following the success of the even thus far. A fantastic 10th anniversary edition it was too.

Sentiments agreed on Maldonado, I don't understand why he has a superlicense and I don't! I've been after his removal from the sport for a great many years, he's like Montoya used to be (except he's not GOOD as well as CRAZY).

Glad my punt on Perez getting a podium paid off, 33/1 after quali, he always goes well here (was one of the few tracks last year where he was quicker than Button). Always nice to see Force India do well, I really should feel this way about Marussia or Caterham, but the old Jordan team really does fill in the emotional gap abandoned when Minardi died.

The most satisfying part of the race, however, will always be that Ricciardo thoroughly thrashed the world's best blown-diffuser driver again. Well done to him!

Add a +1 to the F1 fans on here: I've signed up to the fantasy F1 league too, to pad out numbers. :)

You tend to get kicked out of any TST league I've found, maybe your punctuation wasn't quite up to scratch. I had my whole fantasy premier league account frozen because someone on here didn't appreciate humour.

Very dull race, made almost acceptable by Vettel defying team orders only to get overtaken regardless and some stupid Chinaman waving the flag early resulting in the race being two laps shorter than planned. Good thing Ricciardo didn't overtake Alonso or there'd have been more bad luck for the Australian. The only change to the order was Bianchi finished ahead of Kobayashi instead of the other way round.

In the fantasy F1 I'm now 3rd in the world with 3255 points (Blue Cow Racing, Nealbie Riley). I even got a mention on the homepage lol, I can't see what everyone else got though because Will kicked me out of the group! :(

Indeed a very dull race, least satisfying so far. Had its moments still, just not many. I look forward to seeing how the Hamilton / Rosberg relationship pans out, I don't like Nico's current attitude and I am happy that Hamilton is destroying him with both pace and professionalism.

Race was dull - one of the worst I've seen for a long time. The commentating on RTL was so boring as well!

News from Australia is that former three-time world champion, Sir Jack Brabham, has died at the age of 88. He won the world championship in 1959 and 1960, and then became the first (and so far only) driver to win a world championship in a car he designed in 1966. His death means that Sir John Surtees, the 1964 Formula 1 world champion, is the oldest living F1 world champion at the age of 80.

May Sir Jack Brabham rest in peace.

Anyone doing the triple header? Monaco GP, Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600? All on Sunday.

I think the GP starts at 1pm, Indy at 5pm and the 600 at 11pm. It should all finish at 3:30am ish.

Kurt Busch will be doing 1100 miles as he races in Indy an the 600.......

If not for the last ten laps or so, and the fact that Monaco managed to once again be something a race of attrition, that would have been dull again.
Happily, it finally came to life near the end - I've not watched enough coverage or interviews lately to form a proper opinion on the in-fighting at the top of championship, but I will say I was amused to see Lewis throw his toys out of the pram again, and truth be told, I was disappointed Ricciardo didn't manage to get past - he deserves a win this season.
Another nice strong fight from Hulkenberg to hold back the resurgent Mclarens and bring home ten points, and the real surprise package of course being Jules Bianchi coming out of nowhere to score some points for Marussia at long, long last. Spotlight really on Caterham now then.
And Canada is next. Which rarely disappoints.
Booked my tickets for Spa this week as well :D

Excellent to see that Marussia have finally scored some points. The spotlight's definitely on Caterham now, and I heard a rumour that Tony Fernandes may be selling the team...

It was a good race today, lots of incident, always nice when we get something exciting happen.