• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Formula One

The formula 1 calendar has dropped a race for the 2013 season to 19 races.

The full 2013 F1 calendar is as follows:
17 March - Australia (Melbourne)
24 March - Malaysia (Sepang)
14 April - China (Shanghai, live on BBC)
21 April - Bahrain (Sakhir)
12 May - Spain (Barcelona, live on BBC)
26 May - Monaco
9 June - Canada (Montreal, live on BBC)
30 June - Britain (Silverstone, live on BBC)
7 July - Germany (Nurburgring/Hockenheim)
28 July - Hungary (Hungaroring)
25 August - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps, live on BBC)
8 September - Italy (Monza, live on BBC)
22 September - Singapore (Marina Bay)
6 October - Korea (Yeongam)
13 October - Japan (Suzuka, live on BBC)
27 October - India (Buddh International, live on BBC)
3 November - Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)
17 November - United States (Austin)
24 November - Brazil (Interlagos, live on BBC)

^
Guessing it's the European GP that's been dropped for this year then?
Not really such a bad thing - whilst it provided a surprising amount of excitement in 2012, Valencia is generally dire - I'd hoped to see an interesting addition in its place, but I guess they couldn't sort it in time. That frees up a weekend over the Summer anyway :)

One week to go :D

Originally, there was going to be the race in new Jersey taking the 20th slot with a slightly re-jigged calendar so that it followed directly on from the Canadian GP. Due to issues with getting things built in time, it was dropped from this year's calendar, and should make its début next year alongside the Russian Grand Prix in Sochi.

Fantastic Race

The wet start made it interesting, and I was surprised it was only Alsono who made a mistake, and made a second mistake not pitting.

Felt bad for Di Resta, the only luck he had was bad, stuck behind his team mate for the first stop, and then a dodge wheel nut later on, up to that point he was for my Driver of the Day award. Button was also having a solid drive, until a wheel nut problem.

Team Orders, I am glad Vettel ignored them to be honest, he did not have any issue at the end of the race. I guess we will never know the in and outs of it, or if Vettel could of got past if Webber had not turned his car down. It made for some great racing, and a very upset Webber :)

I am also going to praise Vettel for being the first on to dry tyres. Its very rare this happens, it was a brave choice, and if he had not got stuck in the traffic on his outlap, it could of been very different.

I wish Rosberg had ignored them as well, clearly Hamilton used his fuel from pushing earlier in the race, trying to catch the RedBulls while Rosberg did not, had Hamilton not pushed as much, he would not needed to have gone so slowly, again I am making assumptions, but I feel my dislike of Hamilton might have grown a little more as a result of the protection he got from the team in this instance.

Say what you want about team orders and disoveying them. That has already been discussed to death during the last decade.

What really annoys me is divas coming on the radio asking to move teammates out the way to accomodate them. If you want to get past someone try and get past them - many teams say you are free to race (although I no they didn't today).

Much as I hate to say it, I like Vettel - I think that competitive, headstrung streak is what makes him a good racer and exciting to watch, as well as an interesting character. That said, he 'was a naughty boy' today, and left himself with a fair amount of explaining to do, and many hurt feelings to massage.
As a fan and a paid spectator, I dislike team orders as much as everyone else, but at the end of the day, they've always been part of the sport, and the drivers should be prepared to play by those rules. Rosberg was, though his frustration was both obvious and understandable, and Vettel decided he knew better...

Meanwhile, as many of you know, I'm a Force India fan - I've not lost hope, I think there are some very real lessons they can learn from this weekend to ensure it NEVER happens again, and it's a long season with a promising driver and a promising car, so never say never to their first podium since Fisi in '09, but this weekend it was simply not meant to be.

But Button and Vettel will start on the better tyre, and hopfuly avoid traffic when they pit.

Shame Massa could not out qualify Alsono, but hopefully in the race he can do something about it.

Looking forward to tomorrow morning's race, should be a good one.

Ian

Blaze said:
Vettel again! :D

Red Bull top of both tables, a good day for me!
Its going to be another season for vettel again, but backing Kimi this season

Energetic_starfish said:
Your all watching the wrong motorsport! Moto GP is so much more fun to watch, F1 seems to put me in a trance and fall asleep to!

Agreed, the Vettel procession has become tiresome to the point where the sport is no longer attractive to me whatsoever.

I am sorry, anyone who watched the race yesterday, could describe it as anything but boring.

Vettel might of had it easy at the front, but he made a great pass on Alonso and Rosberg to get in to the lead, and then did not make any mistakes.

As for the rest of the pack, there was plenty of action, overtaking, side by side racing. I think I was on the edge of my seat the whole race.

Ian

The Spanish and German GPs alternate. Nurburgring and Catalunya this year, Hockenheim and Valencia next year.

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

We remember Senna but not Ratzenberger who died the day before in quali.....

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

Yes, I'm sick of hearing about Senna really. He wasn't as impressive as what people make out and countless other people have died in racing who are overlooked.

Tom said:
Yes, I'm sick of hearing about Senna really. He wasn't as impressive as what people make out and countless other people have died in racing who are overlooked.
It was a bad time for formula one but he really went for health and safety as shown in the senna documentary