• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forum Quick Questions

How long are saved drafts held for? I've lost them in the past after forgetting about them. Started writing my Chessy report and I definitely don't want to lose that amount of work lol.
Drafts are saved every 30 seconds and stored for 72 hours. However, I would still recommend writing long posts locally, then copying and formatting when you're ready to post if you're going to take a long time to write them.

Drafts are saved every 30 seconds and stored for 72 hours. However, I would still recommend writing long posts locally, then copying and formatting when you're ready to post if you're going to take a long time to write them.
Thanks Craig, I'll keep that in mind. And maybe I should do that actually.

After writing a post, I once pressed the browser's back button by accident. I quickly navigated the browser forward again but the text box was empty. However I've discovered if this happens and you refresh the page, the draft often comes back.

This is because it is presumably saved in the forum database, so even if your browser forgets what you typed it might still be saved on the server. However the key to this is to refresh straightaway and not type anything (otherwise you'll overwrite what the server has saved and lose it for good)

I have no idea what I've done, but I have tested this on 2 browsers, 1 with cookies and 1 without, and am getting this issue.

1687638878202.png

All well and good except

1687638895053.png

It won't update live as such. Very odd. This is the previous version before update, is TS pulling it from a cache or something?

I have no idea what I've done, but I have tested this on 2 browsers, 1 with cookies and 1 without, and am getting this issue.

1687638878202.png

All well and good except

1687638895053.png

It won't update live as such. Very odd. This is the previous version before update, is TS pulling it from a cache or something?

Hola,

Yes, images are cached on the forum no matter where they are linked from.

The cached copy will be stored for up to 5 days by us, and this ensures that external hosting/image providers do not cause the forum to load slowly or with errors by providing a local copy of the image.

You should find it will update within the next few days automatically :)

Thanks.

The built-in Samsung browser

That, unfortunately, would likely be the cause of the issue.

The Samsung browser doesn't keep up to date as quickly with other browsers and seems to have a number of quirks, bugs and unusual problems, and as such we don't support it, sorry.

Edit: I have seen posted on XenForo that actually the keyboard + browser is causing issues with the cursor jumping around, so possibly switching out the keyboard to another combined with Samsung Browser may resolve the issue too.

I can only suggest that you try and switch to another evergreen browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, or you can continue to use Samsung Browser and have to reposition the quote.

Thanks.

1688726737322.png
Just curious as to what the production is for? I do not think I've seen it before. Was the top result on Google. In any case, it sounds pretty cool.

Production is a term we generally use in tech to refer to the “live” site/environment to distinguish from development and testing versions of the site and forum. Naturally, for big changes and updates we like to test things out in a safe space before rolling them out to everyone, so we can catch as many bugs as possible and not completely break things (those who’ve been around for a while will remember all too well what happens when @Joel makes changes directly into production…) 😁

Thanks for raising it though, cause I’m pretty sure it shouldn’t be actually displaying anywhere in the URL or be cached by Google… We’ll have a look into it!

Production is a term we generally use in tech to refer to the “live” site/environment to distinguish from development and testing versions of the site and forum. Naturally, for big changes and updates we like to test things out in a safe space before rolling them out to everyone, so we can catch as many bugs as possible and not completely break things (those who’ve been around for a while will remember all too well what happens when @Joel makes changes directly into production…) 😁

Thanks for raising it though, cause I’m pretty sure it shouldn’t be actually displaying anywhere in the URL or be cached by Google… We’ll have a look into it!

Sorry, not Google, Bing. Dam Windows updates always changing my default search engine.

1688727106755.png

If you spell TowersStreet as one word it does not display.

I did have a play with the live test for this new forum before it went live. Cheers @Craig :) Not sure if that is something to do with it. I do not think I did it on this PC though and not with Edge. So I would take a guess that the answer is no.

I think somebody should publicly apologise for using the term "interwebs"

A quick look does seem to suggest it’s an issue since the URL has changed to x.com. Changing this to Twitter.com before posting (and removing the Unfurl=true in code editor view if you’ve already posted and are editing) will fix it in the short terms. We’ll look into it and see what we can do :)

Just checking @AT86 where did you grab the URL from that had x.com in it? Inside the app or in your web browser?

A quick look does seem to suggest it’s an issue since the URL has changed to x.com. Changing this to Twitter.com before posting (and removing the Unfurl=true in code editor view if you’ve already posted and are editing) will fix it in the short terms. We’ll look into it and see what we can do :)

Just checking @AT86 where did you grab the URL from that had x.com in it? Inside the app or in your web browser?

From the share option in the app :)

Reactions: Ian
Good old Elon has put a change in for iOS to share x*.com URLs while everywhere else is still using Twitter.com...helpful!

In the spirit of the mess that X/Twitter has become we've put a bodge in to fix it for the time being until software updates come out on the forum side and Elon finishes pissing around 😂

Thanks to @Ian and @Joel for figuring stuff out on the background :)