• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Forum Quick Questions

When sharing music recommendations in a thread, is there a preferred option or standard for TST users? I've noticed a few use YouTube, but it's often filled with ads before you actually get to the music. Are Spotify embeds acceptable? I know not everyone is subscribed to the service, but it's the most widely used and 30 second previews are included with the embeds and ads aren't thrown down your throat.

When sharing music recommendations in a thread, is there a preferred option or standard for TST users? I've noticed a few use YouTube, but it's often filled with ads before you actually get to the music. Are Spotify embeds acceptable? I know not everyone is subscribed to the service, but it's the most widely used and 30 second previews are included with the embeds and ads aren't thrown down your throat.
There's no "standard" for it, but I'd probably say YouTube is the best option as it allows people to hear the full song regardless of having a subscription or not. People can then search for said song on their own streaming provider.

Has the forum software been updated? Notice if somebody has previously had a different username you can now view it. Not sure if this is intentional.

Has the forum software been updated? Notice if somebody has previously had a different username you can now view it. Not sure if this is intentional.
Nope, no update - the feature has been available for some time now although the time window has been increased a tad a few weeks back. You won't see change history where people have chosen to hide their full name when they've registered with it in error, but all other username changes will show for around 90 days.

After having a thread of mine moved from the Courtyard Tavern to Corner Coffee yesterday, I must confess that I’m sometimes unsure which of the two forums I should post a non-theme park thread in.

I know that the two are different (the Courtyard Tavern allows unencumbered swearing, for a start), but I have noticed that the content in the two can sometimes be somewhat interchangeable, to a degree. I’ve noticed that more serious threads and more light-hearted threads have appeared in both over the time I’ve been here. As such, I’ve sometimes been a little unsure whether to post a thread in Corner Coffee or the Tavern.

With this in mind, I just wanted to know; for future reference, what is the official team stance on what should be posted where? What posts belong in Corner Coffee, and what posts belong in the Courtyard Tavern?

After having a thread of mine moved from the Courtyard Tavern to Corner Coffee yesterday, I must confess that I’m sometimes unsure which of the two forums I should post a non-theme park thread in.

I know that the two are different (the Courtyard Tavern allows unencumbered swearing, for a start), but I have noticed that the content in the two can sometimes be somewhat interchangeable, to a degree. I’ve noticed that more serious threads and more light-hearted threads have appeared in both over the time I’ve been here. As such, I’ve sometimes been a little unsure whether to post a thread in Corner Coffee or the Tavern.

With this in mind, I just wanted to know; for future reference, what is the official team stance on what should be posted where? What posts belong in Corner Coffee, and what posts belong in the Courtyard Tavern?
Moved to Forum Quick Questions. But a very simple answer to this one:

Corner Coffee - General Discussion (such news, current affairs, sports etc)
Box Office - TV, Music, Gaming
Tavern - Shitposting - Anything goes

We removed the descriptions of forums from the front page, but you can find them at the top of each sub forum's page

Simple as that :)

Hi there, I completed the Google Form survey whilst you all worked on the maintenance and you mentioned a mobile app, but I can't find anything about it to download it!
Anyone able to shed some light or am I just blind today!

Hi there, I completed the Google Form survey whilst you all worked on the maintenance and you mentioned a mobile app, but I can't find anything about it to download it!
If you hit the menu button in the top left corner, at the bottom of the menu should be a prompt to install the app. It's a Chrome app, I believe.

You can see some detailed instructions for each operating system on this post :). Screenshots are a little out of date, but the premise is still the same.

This method seems to be temporarily broken (at least on iOS/macOS devices)... I'm just trying to fix it up now!

The install button in the menu is fixed now... hilariously it was a new feature... that just shows a gif video of how to 'install' the app on iOS using the 'Add to home' option 😂 Oh well!

Aah web-based app rather than App Store based App, that's where I was going wrong! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:Thanks!

Yeah, it is indeed a Progressive Web App (PWA) offering - sadly the time and effort needed for a native app would be far too high and costly to maintain, and wouldn't offer anything better than the PWA would.

Of note however the PWA does now support native notifications on Android and iOS - there is still a small caveat of requiring to use Safari on iOS for them to work, but it will now show pretty red badges on the icon and you'll get notifications natively.

Craig will be posting a guide to managing the PWA shortly too for those that need more info or help 😄

Not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but it seems that the forum doesn't remember my "dark theme" preference after I've logged out, or logged in on a new device.