• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fuji-Q Highland: General Discussion

It will be interesting to hear your thoughts @Dan once you've been on it, especially hearing how the loop compares to the hill.

It's demonstrably not as good as the hill.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Maybe, I agree that I preferred the look of the hill to the loop as well but let's give it a chance, they have supposedly increased the launch speed which is what this ride is most known for.

For me that ride was all about the launch. The hill was fairly iconic but I don't think it rode particularly well, it felt awkward.

The whole ride looks like Orphan Rocker.

I expect to hate the ride. As i expect to hate the 4D.

But I'll find out in August.

The hill looked quite cool but it wasn't that comfortable. I'm expecting it to be better with the loop when I ride it next month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's the spirit. Did you ride it with the hill, or are you riding for the first time with the loop?
Not been before! They don't look like my kind of coasters, basically.

Here is a side-by-side POV comparison, you can see that it is that little bit faster than it was before:

It also managed to stall going into the loop the day after it officially opened:

Ooops!

:)

I thought it was a worrying sign that they've installed a kicker wheel at the top of the loop.

I loved Dodonpa but everything after the launch was a blur, I'm still recovering from the insanity of that launch.

It's just a shame you have to wait 3 hours to ride the thing (Not an exaggeration).

I'm at Fuji-Queue today!

Dodonpa launch is just as good as it used to be. The loop is much more comfortable than the top hat but it really slows the ride down.

When riding Dodonpa in the past I'd be concerned waiting for the launch. Once the intensity of the launch is over I'd then be worried about the top hat as I found it really uncomfortable. Now after the launch I'm just waiting for the ride to be over. I guess it depends what makes you scared. I don't find the tall loop scary at all

It's just getting dark and they have switched on a fire effect at the bottom of the loop!

416092f58126329dd02dc6be49d9a6cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Fuji Q is an awful park, with 3 stand out coasters.

Takabisha is a good Gerstlauer with a mixed range of tricks.

Do-Dodonpa is like nothing else. The launch is nothing other than obscene. The rest of the layout is pants, but hey - you are recovering from the insanity of the launch.

Eejanaika is appalling. But god I loved it. It's so hideous in what it does, but it's also enjoyable in a really twisted way! Definitely a top-10 coaster for me.

The operations though, the throughputs... good lord. I have never seen anything of the kind. The park is also vile. Grey. Concrete. Not pleasant at all. Multiple queues over 3 hours. What. Major coasters getting 250 people per hour.

Fujiyama is awful.

Last edited:
I know this sounds like a random question, but have there been any rumours of this park getting a new coaster any time soon? I'm only asking because from 1996 up until 2011, Fuji-Q has installed a large, record-breaking roller coaster every 5 years, now hear me out. There has been:
  • Fujiyama (1996) - Togo hyper coaster (Tallest roller coaster)
  • Dodonpa/Do-Dodonpa (2001) - S&S compressed air launch coaster (Fastest roller coaster and fastest launch acceleration)
  • Eejanaika (2006) - S&S 4th Dimension coaster (Most inversions, although this is quite a debatable one. I don't personally think it should have gotten the record because I don't see seat inversions as proper inversions in the same way that track inversions are.)
  • Takabisha (2011) - Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter (Steepest roller coaster)
Going by this rule, Fuji-Q was due a large roller coaster in 2016, but they didn't get one. I wonder why this may have been. Has there been a change in ownership between 2011 and 2016 or something? Or have the owners simply abandoned that cycle? Another question is: what should they get? Going by their strategy of record-breaking coasters, the only proper record they have left to break is length. And not many parks seem too keen to break the length record anymore, so I don't know if Fuji-Q would want to. I'm also not sure of how much space Fuji-Q has, so they may not be physically able to do this unless they built a really twisted roller coaster with hundreds of crossovers. Furthermore, length is a very expensive record to break. For example, Steel Dragon 2000 (the current record holder for length) cost $52millionUSD or £39,033,280. I know part of that was down to the earthquake-resistant structure, but that is still obscene. I think Fuji-Q is quite a small park, so I don't know whether they could afford that sort of money. The only ride types I can think of that they could go with to break the length record are a giga coaster or a wooden coaster. Both would be good fits for Fuji-Q, although I think that a woodie would be a better fit because Fuji-Q already has a steel airtime machine in the form of Fujiyama, and because wooden roller coasters are considerably cheaper to build than giga coasters.

On a side note, if Fuji-Q was to build a roller coaster, the earliest they could realistically open it at this point in time is 2019, because if it was to open in 2018, we would probably have seen groundwork and possibly an announcement by now. So, what do you guys think Fuji-Q should get as their next coaster? Do you think they should break the length record?
P.S. Sorry for the long post.

Some very exciting news has come out of Fuji-Q today; out of the blue, they have today announced that they are building a new roller coaster that will open in 2022! The only thing currently known is that the ride is costing the park 3.6 billion yen (approximately the same as Eejanaika cost), so I think it could be pretty exciting! Here is the park's press release (it's in Japanese): https://www.fujikyu.co.jp/data/news_pdf/pdf_file2_783.pdf

I wonder what type of ride they could be building; judging by Fuji-Q's past reputation for radical coaster installations, something along the lines of an RMC T-Rex wouldn't surprise me!