• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Fuji-Q Highland: General Discussion

The park literally has barely any room. It's so small... when I was there I struggled to see where a new large coaster would fit.
It's worth noting that they recently at then end of 2019 removed their Mad Mouse coaster so I'm thinking this new 2022 coaster will be the replacement. As you can see below, it's not a big space that's been left behind but they've still got quite a bit from where it wasn't if that makes any senseo_O. I'll say that we might get a Sky Rocket II at the park but please don't let it be a Zamperla Volare:banghead:. You see where i'm going with this (Flamingo Land , Hero )!
MadMouseFuji-QHighland.jpg

It's worth noting that they recently at then end of 2019 removed their Mad Mouse coaster so I'm thinking this new 2022 coaster will be the replacement. As you can see below, it's not a big space that's been left behind but they've still got quite a bit from where it wasn't if that makes any senseo_O. I'll say that we might get a Sky Rocket II at the park but please don't let it be a Zamperla Volare:banghead:. You see where i'm going with this (Flamingo Land , Hero )!
MadMouseFuji-QHighland.jpg
There is apparently quite a bit of spare room they could possibly use very near to this coaster, so that location and the surrounding area seems like a plausible fit.

Hello, what are peoples experiences in travelling to this park using public transit from Tokyo? Do you have any tips about how to get better value from your commute such as a nearby town which we could travel from instead of Tokyo?

My partner and I had been planning to go here before COVID and it concerns me about how far out it is. With that said, it looks do-able!

Also, how major/stressful is the language barrier?

Thanks,
James

Hello, what are peoples experiences in travelling to this park using public transit from Tokyo? Do you have any tips about how to get better value from your commute such as a nearby town which we could travel from instead of Tokyo?

My partner and I had been planning to go here before COVID and it concerns me about how far out it is. With that said, it looks do-able!

Also, how major/stressful is the language barrier?

Thanks,
James

There is a direct coach service from Tokyo (Shinjuku). It’s from the same coach station where you can get direct coaches to Disneyland. Not that expensive and the easiest way of getting to Fuji-Q.

If however, you are are still worried about the distance, there are lots of other excellent theme parks which are much closer to the centre of Tokyo. Yomuiriland for example is excellent and only a short direct train ride from Tokyo Shinjuku. And Tokyo Dome City is in the city centre and can be accessed by the city’s Metro system. Both of these parks are very good and well worth a visit.

I’ve been a few times and always caught the train so I could spend two days at the park. It’s a bit more faff but the park is well known for closing all rides at any hint of rain and I’ve always worried I would get the bus and nothing would be open

There is a train station at the parks back entrance which gets you right next to Eejanaika when entering. There is a good hotel nearby too called Hotel Mystays Fuji Onsen

Last edited:
Thank you both for the advice. I’m glad I checked the forum, as I’d assumed that Japans excellent reputation for efficiency would automatically translate to amusement parks.

I’ve just had a look at Yomuiriland and that seems like a fun compromise - obviously there’s no comparison between lineups but it’s always good to know!

Tokyo Dome park’s Thunder Dolphin looks great too, I’m glad you brought that to my attention. I remember seeing this ride on YouTube years ago but never knew where it was located!

Thank you both for the advice. I’m glad I checked the forum, as I’d assumed that Japans excellent reputation for efficiency would automatically translate to amusement parks.

I’ve just had a look at Yomuiriland and that seems like a fun compromise - obviously there’s no comparison between lineups but it’s always good to know!

Tokyo Dome park’s Thunder Dolphin looks great too, I’m glad you brought that to my attention. I remember seeing this ride on YouTube years ago but never knew where it was located!

I’m glad you found my info useful. It sounds like you’d prefer to stay local to Tokyo, so I’d say that the parks near Tokyo are your best bet. If you go on RCDB, you can use the handy “parks nearby” tool to help plan, which we found very useful on our visits to Japan.

You may also want to consider getting the bullet train (an experience you kind of have to tick off when you’re in Japan) from Tokyo to Osaka, where you can easily access Universal Studios Japan, which has an excellent ride line-up and also, unlike some of the other parks we’ve mentioned, has very efficient operations. Like many parks in Japan, USJ also has its own train station, making it a really easy option to travel to from Tokyo.

I’ve done a few of the parks in Central Tokyo. Some of them are worth visiting but if you haven’t ridden X2 I would really recommend going to Fuji Queue to check out it’s bigger brother, Eejanika

I’ve just jotted a few notes down on the parks I have visited

Tokyo Dome City - Worth visiting for an hour to ride Thunder Dolphin. It’s not a great coaster but it’s well known as it goes through the wheel

Yokohama Cosmoworld - Don’t bother, there is nothing stand out there

Yomiuriland - Definitely worth a visit to get on Bandit. You could spend about half a day there

Tobu Zoo - Another half day park. It’s a bit run down but it has a Intamin Mega Lite and there aren’t many of them. I think they have closed their woodie now but it wasn’t that good

Tokyo Joypolis - Worth visiting for a few hours in the evening as they have loads of fun arcade style games and their main ride is an inverting, spinning, launched, interactive rollercoaster

I went to Nagashima a few years ago. It’s alright. It’s a rides park though and not much more. Don’t go expecting beautiful landscaping, great theming or a lovely place to relax. It’s a park with a lot of coasters and a few of them are standout, but most are quite old and are nothing special.

Steel Dragon 2000 is the world’s longest coaster and, as such, attracts the biggest queues. Everything else, the day we went, was walk on.

Nagashima is arguably a better park than Fuji-Q, especially now they have the RMC. The operations however aren't much better than at Fuji-Q, especially on Steel Dragon (which in my experience seems to be operated slower than Fujiyama).

As someone who obsesses about operations rather more than is healthy, my day at Fuji-Q was probably one of the most stressful experiences I've ever had at a park - from the mad-dash to get fastrack for as many major coasters as possible (to give us a fighting chance of getting on all of them), to the complete shutdown of any outdoor attraction at the slightest hint of rain, to the rides closing hours before the park does to enable them to (very slowly) run the queues off (said closures being announced over the park-wide PA system - along with the disclaimer warning those already in the queue that this did not guarantee them a ride).

Eejanaika is a fantasic ride, but I've honestly never experienced anything that comes close to the intensity of the launch of Dodonpa; it feels like your face is about to be ripped off.

It was a 3 hour queue for each of the big coasters both times we've been, but I would happily queue many hours to go on that thing again.

Eejanaika is a fantasic ride, but I've honestly never experienced anything that comes close to the intensity of the launch of Dodonpa; it feels like your face is about to be ripped off.

It was a 3 hour queue for each of the big coasters both times we've been, but I would happily queue many hours to go on that thing again.
Well it's in the name Fuji Q so don't expect to ERT anything i guess :p

It would appear that Fuji-Q’s 2022 coaster may well be a Maurer Spike Dragster:

I must admit, this wasn’t what I was expecting at all! I’m surprised that a Maurer Spike costs the same as Eejanaika and more than Dodonpa & Takabisha; has the value of yen gone down since Eejanaika’s construction or something?

Nonetheless, I’m sure it’ll be a fun family ride!

Last edited:
I’m surprised that a Maurer Spike costs the same as Eejanaika and more than Dodonpa & Takabisha
This is what I don't get. Surely it doesn't. Just a question though what are the compacity like on these? Fuji Q really need something with a high compacity.

This is what I don't get. Surely it doesn't. Just a question though what are the compacity like on these? Fuji Q really need something with a high compacity.
Do you mean compacity or capacity?

Fuji Q has some fairly high capacity rides but they don't operate them as such.