• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

b2311e said:
Rowe said:
Not so much a queueline experience as it is a ride but I had to stifle laughter whilst pretending to be a newbie next to some newbies on Th13teen when one of them decided to say that the indoor drop was 100 feet.

Only an extra naught wrong ;)

It's a 1000 feet? xD

Maya said:
-Bring Back!-

I was going on about SW7 at school to my friend, who then came out with "Yeah, its opening in this new area called 'Under Construction- Coming soon' next year!"
These were her ACTUAL WORDS
Oh My God.
I have never been so.. urgh! Thats stupidity at the worst?!?!?! (My friend won't mind me posting this! But she's still certain that its called "Under construction, Coming soon!"

Hahaha, where does it even say "Under Construction - Coming Soon?" That sounds like a website splash message!

"Look at the way that strap pulls up his arse. Phwoar!!!"

Said, aloud, referring to Chris Wilson, as he climbed to retrieve a riders mobile as they attempted to record on board Oblivion on Saturday. We were standing at the turn below the bottom of the lift hill. I just laughed an incredible amount!

T said:
"Look at the way that strap pulls up his arse. Phwoar!!!"

Said, aloud, referring to Chris Wilson, as he climbed to retrieve a riders mobile as they attempted to record on board Oblivion on Saturday. We were standing at the turn below the bottom of the lift hill. I just laughed an incredible amount!

Hey that's my boyfriends arse you are talking about, I hope it was a randomer but yes the harness does make his bum look amazing and I have asked numerous times over the 2012 season if he could bring it home with him. ;)

John said:
Well they might have got the figures wrong but at least they got part way there - a lot of people think Rita is faster than Oblivion because of the "0 to 100 in 2.5s" quote that was put around when Rita was new.

Overheard on Rita on Sunday:

"They need people like us, otherwise all their rides would be [censored]. They'd just have ten Thirteens"

THAT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: HAHAHAHA

me and chris were being critical about rides all say and said if it weren't for us saying whats good and bad they would have rubbish rides XD hahaha thats amazing :p

Not so much as a queueline quote, but walking underneath PMBO's lift on the Merlinpool meet in September and seeing two kids point at Infusion and one of them said "There's the Nemesis!".

N'aww bless :p

A friend of mine, EVERY TIME we go to Towers, gets the track of Rita and 13 confused.

Insane. It's really not hard to tell which is which.

The one thing I hate is when you are walking down Towers Street anf the amount of people that say ....'WOW LOOK AT THAT CASTLE' OR 'wONDER IF ANYBODY LIVES IN THAT CASTLE' OR 'THAT CASTLE IS HUGE' OR 'AWWW I WISH I LIVED IN THAT CASTLE'

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :'( i just want to :'( go give them a slap.....and say you are disrespecting my favourite place here !!! STOP it .....IT IS NOT A CASTLE grrrrr hahaha rant over.....:)

It annoys me :D

Not queue line, but in toilets in Forbidden Valley

"Don't bother riding Thirteen if you have just done Sub-Terra, they are exactly the same only Thirteen doesn't have an egg"

We took my mum with our kids in the summer, she asked "Is that the hotel you stay in" (refering to the towers". No mum thats the towers its pretty much a ruin, "shame, it would make a good hotel"

Indeed it would

None in queues, but still.

1-On the bus to Towers with school:
"Oh my god, I hate the Forbidden Forest."
"I know right, that Ablivian thing is awful."

*facepalm*

2-A pupil from my school:
"Alton Towers yesterday was sick, man!"
"Innit,"
*prepare for classic facepalm moment.*
", Oblivion came off the metal things!"
"OMG mate, your like Superman or summat if you survived that."

I went over, stated that that wasn't possible, and walked off. He looked at me like I just slapped him in the face.

3-My SCIENCE teacher:
"OK, has anybody here been to Alton Towers?"
*most of class raise hands*
"Who here knows about any of the roller coasters there?"
I then gave a lecture about Bliv, Rita, TH13TEEN, Nemmy and Air.
My teacher then says,
"I have been on Rita once without my harness on."

NUMBER ONE: IT IS A RESTRAINT NOT A HARNESS.
NUMBER TWO: It would be a pretty big deal if a coaster flew round a circuit with a rider without a restraint on.
NUMBER THREE: WHY is a Science teacher lying. Just...just why.

"They should connect Thirteen and Rita together" a 20 odd year old said to his mate, me and my mate just started wetting ourselves. They were infront of us and then they left the queue. :D

Am I the only one who cringes when reading a lot of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Re: Re: Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

mrbrightside said:
Am I the only one who cringes when reading a lot of these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

No ;)

I'm sure my friend wont mind me posting her FAIL of the year this March at Alton.

*Riding the Skyride from FV to CCL*

"Are we going to ride Eighteen again?"

I have never felt so embarrassed, but the other members of the public found it hilarious in the gondola and since then she has never heard the end of it, naturally. :-*

WELL.....not funny but general stupidity...

After an announcement had been played on the radios in the queue for blivvy saying NO SMOKING, a young woman pulls out a cigarette and says:
''I don't see what the problem is, we are outside anyway, its just non-smokers being stupid.''
I felt like screaming.

On Friday we overheard a little kid say that he wanted to go and ride "The X-Sector". -__-

Hearing people saying that ride doesn't look safe with cranes still around it. On about the smiler

One mate to another in Oblivion queue

"Thats what was inside that big tent last time we came, its being dismantled ready for some new ride"

Really can you be that dumb!