• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

DiogoJ42 said:
Only a matter of time before people start saying Alton has "ripped off dat app" ::)

Didn't you know? Some park manager saw the app and took the design from it. EVERYONE knows that.

'So, tomorrow, we will go in the waterpark... Did you know, that it's ALL outside! The entire waterpark is outside, theres none of it inside, i've even seen it myself i bet you any money it is! Anyway.. enough about tomorrow, shall we get the monorail to sub-teranna now?'

The other day I overheard a father telling his daughter that they would soon go to Camelot so she could ride one of the kids coasters there. It was more sad than funny, half wanted to tell them that Camelot is closed!

:)

Overheard at Chessington today...

'Alton Towers is actually built on top of a massive hill and that is why everything is so high. All the rides have to have warning lights for passing aircraft.'

*massive face palm*

In the queue of swarm today. "You know if stealth stops at the top, they send someone up to push it back down" lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Queue for nemesis today with theman, pixie-ro and themans daughter.

"I wonder how much it is to build a rollercoaster, like a million pounds? I mean, how much would the smiler cost?"

We were itching to say, but didn't comment......it has been all over the news though.

Heard absolute gem during the Pre-Show in Sub Terra, it was saying about the discovery of the eggs, and then someone who seems about 20, in all seriousness asks the person they're with; "Is this real?"

I didn't know whether to laugh, or weep for humanity.

badlydrawnkelBel said:
Queue for nemesis today with theman, pixie-ro and themans daughter.

"I wonder how much it is to build a rollercoaster, like a million pounds? I mean, how much would the smiler cost?"

We were itching to say, but didn't comment......it has been all over the news though.

I didn't hear those! Mind you I was quite busy getting annoyed with queue jumping butt munchers & trying not to be ill even before I got on a ride haha!! ;)

Alastair said:
badlydrawnkelBel said:
In the queue of swarm today. "You know if stealth stops at the top, they send someone up to push it back down" lol

They actually do!

Video is of TTD but it's the same principle.

I don't think they do by the way. As far as I am aware, they learned from TTD and it is actually not possible to stall Stealth. AFAIK they built a slightly steeper inclined top hat so it will always roll-back if it cannot sustain momentum.

Could be wrong, but pretty sure they altered the design slightly to avoid that happening.

Re: Re: Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

I thought you did as we were looking at each other. ..oh well!

Scott said:
Nope, Stealth has got stuck before! It's why there is the evac platform built right at the top of the top-hat.

Source: http://thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/62

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure they just pushed the train back down from a very tall cherry picker, I believe there is footage on YouTube somewhere!

Fredward said:
Scott said:
Nope, Stealth has got stuck before! It's why there is the evac platform built right at the top of the top-hat.

Source: http://thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/62

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure they just pushed the train back down from a very tall cherry picker, I believe there is footage on YouTube somewhere!

There is....in the linked article ;)

Can we stop wit this now as I'm bored. I get it, I got it wrong, I believe you...now please let's move on and here what else people have heard the GP say!

(Interesting information though!)

Just been going through this thread on my lunchbreak. Laugh out loud moments:

"IS 30 MINUTES A LONG TIME?!" Sub Terra queue
"It doesn't have an egg in it" comparing Th13teen to Sub Terra.

I think I may use the 30 minutes one in the future. The caps lock really adds to it.

Laura said:
Just been going through this thread on my lunchbreak. Laugh out loud moments:

"IS 30 MINUTES A LONG TIME?!" Sub Terra queue
"It doesn't have an egg in it" comparing Th13teen to Sub Terra.

I think I may use the 30 minutes one in the future. The caps lock really adds to it.
There are some smart people around :)