• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

In the queue for Saw.

"You know, when they design these things, they should think about how many people can actually get on in one hour"

Sorry to bring this up again but the 'IS 30 MINUTES A LONG TIME' has already become a meme between my friends and I.

To contribute to the thread, though - something NOT to say to your friend while in a queue:

"Oh my god that's SO RACIST' - loudly and for no reason.

Doesn't go down well when you can't escape the queue and your friend wants to strangle you.

I was looking at the smiler queue times on the alton ride times website earlier. and my wife (not a coaster rider) looked over my shoulder and said " Bloody hell 3 hours wait, that nothing to smile about, call it the bored waiting and have done with it"

In the queue for The Smiler yesterday, girl asking a guy who had just told her he'd been on once already

"Oh, so.... Does it go upside down?"

In french today, we were learning about describing tourist attractions in the uk, in french.
Someone asked what Alton towers was, and the teacher told her in was a small fun fair in Cheshire, and "drayton manors near it, and its much better!"
Now, I dislike my french teacher anyway, but this....this makes me hate her even more!

*Stood in the Nemmy queue, looking at the first inversion*

Does this go upside down?

My posts have that many mistakes in them?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky :)

Poison Tom 96 said:

I have one worse than this! Queuing for the Smiler "Katelyn I'm not going on this if it goes upside down!" I couldn't help but giggle as she didn't want to walk off on her own, seen her going back on it later though!

Mine was in text form from my Sister who was in the Smiler queue yesterday she asked "Does it have two tracks?", it made me giggle a bit as she's not a enthusiast but she likes riding coasters. I had to tell her no it was all one ride with two lift hills.

Pricey. said:
Poison Tom 96 said:

I have one worse than this! Queuing for the Smiler "Katelyn I'm not going on this if it goes upside down!" I couldn't help but giggle as she didn't want to walk off on her own, seen her going back on it later though!

I don't even find it amusing anymore when people say things like that, when they are standing right next to the bloody thing. I hear it so often - even some of my friends say it - that I find it hard not to just point at the coaster and just say "What do you think???"

When queueing for the Smiler on Friday, I happened to overhear the conversation of those behind us: Man 1: So, what is it that makes it special then?
Man 2: It's the turniest ride in the world, it has 14 turns.

I thought people saying most loops in the world was bad!

I dread the day when Mr Algae turns up and calls them '14 twiiiissstyyyy bits'... :p

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

I heard someone at school say
"I really want to go on that new ride, but I wish it didn't go upside down"
"Yeah I wish they just could take out the loopy parts like every hour for normal people."

>:D

On my minibus today two students right behind my driving seat where talking.
Student 1 "I really want to go on the joker at Alton Towers"
Student 2 " so do i, but it's call the swirly"
Me "it's called the smiler"
Student 2 "No it is not, any you're too old to do theme parks"
Student 1 "Well maybe he could do legoland and go on thomas the tank"
Me " I'm not that old, 34. a coaster fan and thomasland is at drayton manor"
Student 1 " im going to google it and prove you wrong"
Student 2 " Bleep, it is called the smiler. i just googled it"
Student 1 mutters something.

Re: Re: Funny things you've overheard people say in queuelines

delta79 said:
On my minibus today two students right behind my driving seat where talking.
Student 1 "I really want to go on the joker at Alton Towers"
Student 2 " so do i, but it's call the swirly"
Me "it's called the smiler"
Student 2 "No it is not, any you're too old to do theme parks"
Student 1 "Well maybe he could do legoland and go on thomas the tank"
Me " I'm not that old, 34. a coaster fan and thomasland is at drayton manor"
Student 1 " im going to google it and prove you wrong"
Student 2 " Bleep, it is called the smiler. i just googled it"
Student 1 mutters something.

That really made me laugh. Shows the ignorance of the modern day youth.

*completely ignoring the fact I'm in the same generation of the modern day youth*

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2