• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Future of the Congo River Rapids

Seat belts on rapids are seen as a bigger risk than letting people stand up - any belts you added would have to be easily opened anyway so wouldn't actually prevent standing, whilst getting in the way if a boat were to overturn.

There was a LOT of audio bleed between the new speakers and the old music on the path between KC and MB today, walking that way in the morning was genuinely quite unpleasant because of how loud it was.

Lets hope this is the end to all this now and we can get this fantastic attraction back to a state where it deserves to be. Long way to go before it back to its best but at least it's a start.

Does anyone else hate that colour yellow too? I think the boats look hideous tbh. If and when the ride gets a makeover I hope they paint them and make the ride look a bit more appealing.

They seem to have fixed the audio bleed issue in Katanga canyon by...turning the area music off. I believe it's only played around the Katanga Canyon sign now, the rest of the area you can only hear the new rapids music and announcements.

Edit: there were no falls on when I walked past a moment ago, but the rapids haven't opened yet today either.

Further edit: That said, I didn't mean this post to sound negative, there area feels much fresher than last season, and while that solution isn't ideal, it's good they're being proactive about an issue

Last edited:
Lets hope this is the end to all this now and we can get this fantastic attraction back to a state where it deserves to be. Long way to go before it back to its best but at least it's a start.

Does anyone else hate that colour yellow too? I think the boats look hideous tbh. If and when the ride gets a makeover I hope they paint them and make the ride look a bit more appealing.
The old red boats looked better IMO though did look a bit basic. I agree the boats could be given a new colour as the yellow is horrible and it doesn't have to be major as just a more brown colour with some basic theming like netting on the back of the seats which is not that hard to do and could be easily done during a closed season if the park wanted to do so. Doesn't sound like much I know but that would look a lot better than what we have now!

It's good to see some clear attention has been given to the Rapids at long last. However, those god-awful cable covers in the queue line need to be buried or hidden at the very least.

I don’t mind the yellow boats to be honest but I agree. A few vinyls on them to give them a small bit of theming would certainly elevate them.

The other area of theming they could definitely improve is the tunnel…

They seem to have fixed the audio bleed issue in Katanga canyon by...turning the area music off. I believe it's only played around the Katanga Canyon sign now, the rest of the area you can only hear the new rapids music and announcements.

Edit: there were no falls on when I walked past a moment ago, but the rapids haven't opened yet today either.

Further edit: That said, I didn't mean this post to sound negative, there area feels much fresher than last season, and while that solution isn't ideal, it's good they're being proactive about an issue
So they've turned it off already?

When did they switch out the 4x4 for the current one ? Good to see progress on the waterfalls.

Last edited:
I am personally really happy that the waterfalls are back and I also hope that this also results in the wave pools (which I have never experienced) coming back soon. I am excited to ride this again now it actually has some excitement to it!