• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

The VR on this is **** poor. AIR was fine needed a bit of a clean up and possibly implementing the original design but it was fine. Another ride ruined by Merlin. Wardley must be seething after seeing what has become of his park

John Wardley absolutely loved Galactica when he went on it, he said it was the next generation of theme park technology. Even compared it to being just as good as rides like Spiderman at Universal.

Can't say I fully agree with him there :p

I think most understand that things wear out but with the regular inspections most items should be replaced well before they become an issue. The sign of letting things run until they wear out and ordering parts to demand is surely a sign of watching every penny.

Why wouldn't you have at least one or 2 spares of important ride components, because surely the cost of having spares knocking about is cheaper that a week of downtime in the summer months?

John Wardley absolutely loved Galactica when he went on it, he said it was the next generation of theme park technology. Even compared it to being just as good as rides like Spiderman at Universal.

Can't say I fully agree with him there :p

That's what "John Wardley, world-famous rollercoaster designer, responsible for many of the UK's most iconic attractions" said. I wonder what "John Wardley, regular guy" thinks.

That's what "John Wardley, world-famous rollercoaster designer, responsible for many of the UK's most iconic attractions" said. I wonder what "John Wardley, regular guy" thinks.

He said exactly that, I was there when he got off the ride :tearsofjoy:

He said exactly that, I was there when he got off the ride :tearsofjoy:

What he's saying is that JW is saying these things in keeping with his own profile - what he actually thinks of the ride may be a different thing.

For the record I actually may be in the minority but I think it's brilliant. Sadly, however, it's irrelevant if it's got a slow throughput and doesn't work half the time.

I think your missing the point - it's good PR for him to say one thing and think another

I get that he might say that to the media as it's good PR, but just chatting to a few ride staff after going on both the prototype and the (semi) finished product, why would he have any reason to lie?

In what world would he go on the record saying that it sucked?

If he'd said that it would have been more helpful, as it meant Figment would have known to improve it, instead of thinking that it's perfected.

John Wardley is quite possibly one of the nicest guys I have ever met, he would never say anything negative (To the press or enthusiasts) about any rides that was installed at a Merlin park.

The closest I have seen him come to slagging off an attraction is with regards to Duel. Even then, he couldn't bring himself to give it a good kicking.

He was "Merlinised" a long time ago. Brainwashed in to talking Merlin's nonsense. Apparently anyone who spends more than 5 minutes with Nick Varney comes out talking utter marketing spiel.

I even recall he once said, in regards to the Duel retheme, that he "couldn't have done a better job if he'd been involved".

Really. I think a 5 year old could have done a better job.

Yup - I think he said something along the lines of it smacking of cheap desperation during a Q&A at Nemesis' 21st birthday event. :p
He said that about the recent trend of turning rides backwards when asked if Nemesis would be following said trend. Although he was unaware/forgot that they had done it to The Swarm, his response probably would have been different otherwise.

He said that about the recent trend of turning rides backwards when asked if Nemesis would be following said trend. Although he was unaware (or forgot) that they had done it to The Swarm, his response probably would have been different otherwise.
Ah, yes - you're quite right. Given I was at the event, I should've probably remembered that! Nick Varney's reaction was priceless, too. :p

I am somewhat bemused that Galactica is still down. I remember hearing a while back about B&M's exceptional service and speedy delivery of parts (within 24 hours). Of course it could be more problematic than something just a spare part would fix but over 2 weeks?

:)