• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica: General Discussion

Never been a map user. Obviously not for UK park as I know my way around anyway but when visiting new parks on the continent I like the idea of being a bit lost and finding some things I usually wouldn’t head to. It adds to the fun! But I do have a couple maps that I took for souvenirs. As far as galactica goes though, I can’t see it being much different, people know about it and the vast majority of the public know where it is too, it may get busier in the mornings and near closing as the entrance/exit is used.

It is sometimes nice to have a list of attractions too, so as you say can wander and get a bit lost finding things, but then later on make sure you didn't miss anything out!

Galactica will definitely be busy first thing without Nemesis. If you ever enter the park via the hotel entrance there is usually a queue for Nemesis which is far bigger than the queue for Galactica.
I start of at forbidden valley a lot of the time I can't say there's ever much of a queue for either, galatica usually opens late when I'm there, usually do about 5 laps on nemesis, the blade and then galatica is usually ready by then.

Never usually see more than like 50 people pre queuing for either though.
However I rarely go on peak days

Dirty and faded track
Zero working audio in the queue line
Queue line fences that are more rust than anything else
Logos peeling off
A station with all the sophistication of an underground car park.

This ride is in a STATE. I sincerely hope it gets a lot of attention for next year to coincide with the relaunch of Nemesis. It’s just sad to see the ride fall in to such grim condition.

Dirty and faded track
Logos peeling off

This ride is in a STATE. I sincerely hope it gets a lot of attention for next year to coincide with the relaunch of Nemesis. It’s just sad to see the ride fall in to such grim condition.
They did give Oblivion TLC when Smiler opened so it could be a possibility they might do that here...just a case of will it be the same colour or perhaps they sneakly try a new Phalanx theme like the original dive bomber idea for Air so they can market a 'new' ride?

Sounds rather cheap but what do you expect of Merlin by this point as I'm sure even they know that Galactica was a flop of a retheme? Plus even if some might not like yet another Phalanx theme at the very least it would finally blend in with the area after over 21 years.

I really think they should just return it to the Air theme at this point, it was more memorable and with a proper repaint, new signage and a queue line cleanup it could look great. They could bring the original Air music back too while they're at it. Otherwise a new theme based around the Phalanx would be good too, as mentioned.

I just think Galactica has run its course, especially with the VR scrapped.

Dirty and faded track
Logos peeling off

You see I personally think Galactica needs sorting out more than Smiler. Smilers track is dark so it's less noticeable than on blue track when it's dirty

Actually, anyone remember the original bomber theme for Air before they went with the ultimately cut Oasis theme? IIRC, it was dropped following 9/11 in which a aircraft theme seemed a little too much for Towers.

Though honestly no matter what theme they had for Air back in the day, it would have been doomed to fail with budget cuts for the theme as we all saw.

I really think they should just return it to the Air theme at this point, it was more memorable and with a proper repaint, new signage and a queue line cleanup it could look great. They could bring the original Air music back too while they're at it. Otherwise a new theme based around the Phalanx would be good too, as mentioned.

I just think Galactica has run its course, especially with the VR scrapped.

I agree with all of this except the music, I like the Galactica music (I’m sure they can adapt it though)

I agree with all of this except the music, I like the Galactica music (I’m sure they can adapt it though)
Yeah, I can't see why both soundtracks can't coexist.

Talking of air, I'd love them to introduce an extended version of its soundtrack if there was. It's great, but a bit short. Maybe they could compose an extended version.

At least the smiler still had music and working effects.

Galactica has one Bose speaker in the extended queue line that works and a broken portal. If you are lucky you may get some music in the station.