• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Game of Thrones

I don't know about you guys. But I am gunning to see Cerci get slaughtered. But, who knows what could happen!

You also have to remember regarding the plot that a lot of the intricate stuff that came with the earlier seasons happened because everyone was scheming on how to take over Westeros - when you have all out war battling out, there won't be as much of this as it's essentially win the war against the white walkers and survive, then win the final war and win the throne.

Of course, there is a focus more on spectacle which is naturally the case with programmes when they begin to wrap up which does sacrifice the plot itself which is why (putting the rest in spoilers just in case)
the main characters survived the previous episode. I would've prefered it that the battle between Cersei and everyone had came before the white walker battle with that being the endgame. I understand, however, the reasons for the chronology so it could be used as part of Cersei's plan and it also adds to the audience's distrust and dislike of her.

I think they totally got it the right way around to have the white walker battle preceded the Cerci battle. Seeing what happens with Cerci good or bad is going to be a highlight and a pinnacle for the whole show for many people, given peoples extreme love or hate for her.

Saw a bit in the Metro yesterday, that everyone is complaining that it was "too dark". The show's creators have replied, "It was exactly what we wanted it to be. YOU don't know how to tune your telly."

Well first off, tou don't "tune" a digital satalite box.
If they meant to say "correctly line up your screen for optimal viewing in the ambient lighting environment", then guess what sunshine? That is my JOB. My home TV system was lined up by me personally, using genuine BBC Test Card W, PLUGE, 100% colour bars, and 75% EBU colour bars. I burned them to DVD personally, using the master source of calibrated test signals that fed the whole of BBC TVC!
... Still looked crap.

Didn't the BBC get trashed over Tabu being too dark or sounding shit or something? I'm only up to season 4 on GoT and by the time i get to s8 I'll have forgotten what I've read here lol.

Didn't the BBC get trashed over Tabu being too dark or sounding **** or something? I'm only up to season 4 on GoT and by the time i get to s8 I'll have forgotten what I've read here lol.

WHY ARE YOU EVEN HERE!?

Well, at least they allocated a bit more bandwidth to last night's episode.

Without any technical issues to pick holes in, I am left realising just what utter tripe this show is.
I'll see myself out.

Episode 4 - so many cliffhangers (or so I thought) and then skipped the answers. My main gripe is we never got to see sansa and aryas reactions. They just skipped a scene that could've been so deep, before rushing into the next big thing. The good parts were great but there was some massive holes left.

I think we'll find out their reactions/outcome of the news when the time comes, especially Sansas perspective as she's not too fond of Dany.

Without any technical issues to pick holes in, I am left realising just what utter tripe this show is.
I'll see myself out.
If I was coming in and watching the show for the first time now I'd probably think similar. In fact I remember watching the 1st season and taking a while to get Into it. But theres been some amazing moments over the years and very well written charecters.

One more episode to go.

Not sure how I feel about this episode. I really enjoyed it, but at the same time felt disappointed with bit of it. Just feels like this final season has been rushed, I feel like it could of been stretched out more.

Cersi and Jamie, just felt like such an unsatisfying death.

Clegane brothers battling was pretty epic, and the way Qyburn died just before was good.

Lord Varys was a little sad, did he send the message or was there just one message which he was burning. Was he burning it to stop those arresting him from finding out. Who else knows about John?

Euron final line, I quite liked. But what happened to his ability to hit the dragons with the scorpions? Was it just the element of surprise, or has the additional time allowed Drogon to heal more and gain more strength?

Final episode predictions, does not contain any spoilers that have been leaked on the internet, just my own thoughts, I am probably wrong, but don't read in case I call it :)

Clearly Arya is now going to try and kill Daenerys. I don't know whose Face she will use, but since she has not used this ability all season, I cant help but feel someone is going to die at the hands of someone which initially appears shocking, but then turns out to by Arya. Or maybe she will just head back to Gendry. I doubt this but with how this season has gone who knows.

How is John going to react, can he stay loyal to her. Is John going to end up killing Arya to save Daenerys? Same with Tyrion, I see him being more loyal. Has Daenerys really gone mad?

And finally, is Bronn going to get High Garden or is he going to die.

So annoyed with this series, I don't even care anymore after episode 3. Cersei's death was an utter disappointment.
Awesome scenes in terms of action but wholly crap the story telling Is atrocious. Its clear as day Georges material doesn't exist to refer to. Its a completely different show to what it was back in series 1 - 3.
Wouldn't surprise me if this series turns out to be a PG rating.

RIP Night King - the true villain and ultimate badass.

I'm trying to care about Thrones but the scripts have become so stupid!
Makes no sense. None of the characters are relatable anymore and they've made complete u turns on the last 7 series of their arcs.

Having never seen this show before I "half saw" the first three episodes of this series, I was expecting bewbs with a side order of clunge, and bloodgore for pudding.

Very dissapointed. Certainly has not made me want to watch the rest. Seems to me it's just Lost with dragons.*

* For the record, they are not, dragons. Dragons have four legs, two wings, a breath weapon, are highly intelligent, and are powerfull sorcerers.
These creatures have two legs, two wings, a breath weapon, have only demonstrated animal-level intelligence, and most importantly, no casting ability. Which makes them drakes.
Anyone who's ever picked up a d20 should know the difference.

ETA: She's just put the latest episode on. Anyone know a good spoiler? ;)

Last edited:
Looks like I am in the minority in thinking that last nights episode was brilliant!

I'm trying to care about Thrones but the scripts have become so stupid!
Makes no sense. None of the characters are relatable anymore and they've made complete u turns on the last 7 series of their arcs.

I wonder if people would think the same if similar events occur in the books? They may or may not, that is yet to be seen. However you have to think Dany is going to destroy Kings Landing in the books seeing as they are working towards the same end game, and it's a pretty major event.

Reactions: D4n
It's not what happened that bothered me, it's the way it was written.

Danny going mad has been hinted at for ages. But the way the show told it had no rhyme or reason.
She had just won! Her enemies had surrendered. All she had to do was take out Cersi. But no she destroys the whole city. women and children included. This is the charecter whose whole ark has been the breaker of chains!

And shes not even the worst offender. Don't even get me started on Jamie...

I think one theory is the reason Dany wasn't eating, and the reason the little girl took such a high risk, is that Varys was poisoning her food, hoping to quietly get rid of her before utter destruction.

Dany has been talking about burning and laying waste to cities, taking what is hers with fire and blood ever since she hatched those Dragons. Expecting that when her longest friends and advisors are dead, and when her 'child' has been killed, when advisors she still has are betraying her, it's hard to imagine what other path she could have taken other than burn the city to the ground.

I'm glad she did, she's a conquerer and it's not the first city she's brought to ruin. By force or by bad leadership. Dany deserves everything we can only assume she's going to get next episode.

As for Cersi getting crushed by everything she had worked so hard to keep, I'm okay with it. It's not quite eaten by dragon as I would have appreciated, but nevermind.

What annoys me is that not a single one of the scorpions even got close to drogon. Last episode they were unusually accurate, striking three killing blows out of three shots fired. I would've liked at least one through the wing, so no major damage but enough to show they weren't totally useless.

Other than that, I thought it was excellent, and exactly the ending I wanted for kings landing. Dany should have destroyed the red keep the minute after she landed on dragonstone. With the keep empty she could have killed Cersi without harming anyone in the city. It was her advisors that let her position be weakened, and tyrion deserves to burn for that too, but I assume he'll be on a boat to essos by now.

Reactions: Rob
It's not what happened that bothered me, it's the way it was written.

Danny going mad has been hinted at for ages. But the way the show told it had no rhyme or reason.
She had just won! Her enemies had surrendered. All she had to do was take out Cersi. But no she destroys the whole city. women and children included. This is the charecter whose whole ark has been the breaker of chains!

And shes not even the worst offender. Don't even get me started on Jamie...

I disagree. She is broken. She has lost 2 of her children, she has lost Jorah, she has lost her closest friend, she feels betrayed by all of her advisors, she feels under threat. In her mind she feels that she is losing all of her power, so how can she show that it is her who has all of the power for it? With fire and blood. It is shocking but she is so angry at this stage and not at all rational.

Yes she has been the breaker of chains but has she really? She's had the likes of Grey Worm, Jorah, Tyrion and Jon around her thumb. Sure they could just walk off, but she had them in her own more subtle chains.