• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gardaland

Anyone who signs off a coaster with white track AND white supports should not be in the job that they are in. It is the worst colour combination you could possibly have as it looks old, boring and will age terribly. Least the layout looks like it will be ever so slightly more interesting then Krake's.

:)

To be fair, I don't think they had much choice of colour in the end after local government complained?

To be fair, I don't think they had much choice of colour in the end after local government complained?
Wasn't it originally meant to be white and orange?

All the same its a bit garbage!

The second inversion:

thumb_634_-_23_11_2014_da_fuori.jpg

Very strange for a dive coaster. Least it makes it slightly more interesting than Krake.

The second inversion:

Very strange for a dive coaster. Least it makes it slightly more interesting than Krake.

I actually forgot it was a dive (excuse the pun) when looking at that first, I was thinking wing coaster.

Hey who knows maybe they're putting a wing coaster on a dive track???

No. I'm not being serious.

That's not actually the worst concept in the world, would certainly be interesting! :p

That has to be the most boring promotional video for a coaster ever. I know it's probably part of a series of videos but I got very bored watching that.

Is it me or looking back at say the air teaser adverts, weren't they so much better? I can't recall if it's just because I was young.

Various eagle-eyed members of Thorpe Park Mania have found a possible name for the new dive coaster at Gardaland (see slide 16), looks like the lack of imagination runs deeper than we thought:

http://www.merlinentertainments.biz/DC72F004-00B6-486F-A9CF-D31965E1CF6D.CFILE

Meanwhile, the track is now complete, and there are a load of frankly bonkers promotional videos on the mini site to: http://www.gardaland2015.it/en/operation-orange/excavation-elliptical-structure

Rather more worrying is that Towers isn't listed as having much capital expenditure until at least 2017 :/

Could they not have at least called it "Oblio"
(that's Italian fr Oblivion according to google)

I like how when Raptor's theme/concept was first revealed people said it was kinda similar to Nemesis, now for their next big ride they've pretty much just copied Oblivion but made it white and a bit longer...

Basically nailed on that at this rate in four years time they'll just end up building an exact replica of Air.

They surely aren't going to call it Oblivion? Not even Merlin would do that. If they do then wow, way to go and devalue the brand. It would also mean they need to fire and replace any "creative" person who has worked on this project.
Rather more worrying is that Towers isn't listed as having much capital expenditure until at least 2017 :/

I wouldn't worry about that. The chart is only showing which park(s) will revieve the major investments in each year. With Merlin revering to four year cycles with their parks we know Towers aren't due a major investment again until 2017. I'd imagine 2016 will be a medium year.

There was another Merlin based presentation that pretty much stated that the new cycle is:

High, Low, Low, Low

Low being £1-2 million per investment... High being whatever change they can find down the back of the sofa I assume...

They surely aren't going to call it Oblivion? Not even Merlin would do that.
You seem to be under the delusion that Merlin are capable of creativity. If they had even a tenth of a shred of the stuff, this would at least be called "Oblivion Inferno".