• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gardaland

I hope it is run well, as opposed to the fastrack-obliterated, queue-jump hellish operations of the rest of this otherwise very pleasurable park.

I'm starting to think you've got Fastrack problems.

If you visited Gardaland, and spoke to their management, you would recognise that there are no quantifiable limits on Fastrack sales, and on several attractions the ratio to main queue vs Fastrack is around 50/50. Indeed, such are Fastrack sales at the park, that the Fastrack queue times for rides are often 30 minutes themselves.

This is no way to run a theme park, in my personal opinion.

It is otherwise a very nice park.

:)

To be honest, for fuga da Atlantic's. The main line was going out of the queue (so at least 1.5 hours from previous experience) whilst the fast track also went out of the line so definitely looked like at least 30 minutes. I have a slight issue with the ride. Did there used to be single rider as there is a line which leads from the entrance to the station that is never used? It would be amazing if single rider was added here!

Here's a nice overview of their Fabbri (boo, hiss, etc) spinner. Apologies for the quality.

4bADPtN.jpg

The VR fad continues as Gardaland are adding VR to their Vekoma double looping coaster, Magic Mountain, in 2017:
Gardaland said:
Gardaland, 2017.
The Adrenaline of roller coasters together with the total immersion in virtual reality. You live the thrill of the mythical roller coaster with double shot of death in combination with a spectacular virtual flight.
Stay tuned to find out more.

vr.gif

:)

Can't say I'm that happy. All this for lower throughputs, dispatching and overall complicating a fairly straightforward ride.

I do wonde how long this VR coaster phase will last as I'm already seeing Galactica's popularity dwindle (on the VR aspect).

I honestly do not understand why theme park owners (not just Merlin) put them on rough rides. It has got to be one of the most unpleasant experiences when riding a coaster.

With the new Vekoma trains it's not too bad in terms of roughness...

Still though, wonder how long this VR obsession will last...

Parks are doing it because it gives them an easy way to market an old ride as new. As much as I hate saying this Galactica was successful because most people were under the impression it was a new roller coaster. Even a lot of Merlin's employees didn't realise it was just Air with a few headsets added until they went to visit.

The VR fad will only end when VR becomes commen place. I remember in the 90s when simulators were built up as the next big thing. Eventually the gimmick wore off, partly because rides like Spider-Man started appearing, perfectly merging old and new technology to create some of our best rides today. This is why I'm far more fascinated by AR over VR.

Last edited:
I have to say I'm really quite impressed with the new Kung Fu Panda area, the Merlin Parks over here wouldn't get a land of this quality. The new coaster has a very pleasant interactive queue line with theming throughout and they've made good use of re-theming the teacups. Can't fault it personally, it looks very detailed and vibrant.

I have to say I'm really quite impressed with the new Kung Fu Panda area, the Merlin Parks over here wouldn't get a land of this quality. The new coaster has a very pleasant interactive queue line with theming throughout and they've made good use of re-theming the teacups. Can't fault it personally, it looks very detailed and vibrant.
It felt very Chessington, nice addition. I didn't think I would see the day where Merlin would buy Fabbri hardware, but there you go!