General Hotel Discussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave, 12th Jan 2014.

1. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    I don’t think they ever added the cost of extra chocolate before, as far as I’m aware. I’m not really in a position to know about that, though.
    My word; I wonder how long it would take to eat all of that chocolate?

2. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    Gimme an hour and I’d probably scoff the lot. :p

MattyH, James, jon81uk and 2 others like this.
  3. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

I find it bizarre it’s had a refurbishment yet it’s still got an awful fan on the wall and they didn’t take the opportunity to add air conditioning, seeing as you are paying a small fortune for the room!

Buster11, Nerdsticks and AstroDan like this.
  4. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    The thing is, at least with a 'suite" the room is larger. Most of these other expensive rooms are no bigger or better than standard Arctic/MV rooms... they've just a different theme.

I don't have faith that the upkeep and maintenance will be good enough to warrant the price either.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

5. WillPS

WillPS TowersStreet Member

Retrofitting air conditioning to a hotel is a nightmare, unless the hotel was built with it in mind but never installed?

Does seem madness that a supposedly high-end hotel opened in 1996 without it tho.

Buster11 likes this.
  6. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    Europa-Park didn't even have air conditioning in all its hotels until they retrofitted it to all rooms across Colosseo, El Andaluz and Alcazar around 5 to 10 years ago.

7. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

Air conditioning wasn't very common anywhere back in the 90s. I expect hotels that had it were rare.
    However when Splash was built in the 2000s I think they should have considered it more. But then most private homes don't have aircon in bedrooms either (although it is getting harder to sleep in the summer!)

8. WillPS

WillPS TowersStreet Member

Other than Travelodges and Premier Inns, I'm not sure I've stayed at a late-90s purpose built hotel which didn't have air con. Certainly it's been standard in new-build Hiltons and Marriotts for a good bit longer, although I suppose that's probably more to do with aligning to their American-focussed brand standards.

jon81uk likes this.
  9. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

I think the baffling thing is they have retrofitted aircon to a lot of ATH rooms so why not the most expensive ones?

10. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

They have added aircon to the Moon Voyage and Arctic Explorer rooms as they have been re-vamped. I guess it is logistically easier and more cost effective when you have an entire corridor of rooms to install at once.

This is just one room in a different part of the hotel. Maybe they decided it wasn’t worth it/feasible for just one room.

Last edited: 8th Apr 2021
  11. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

I’ve never really had a problem with the heat in the rooms in the summer except for the enchanted village. With the hotel rooms, not many people realise you can open the top of the window as well as the bottom! And you can sleep with the window open in the hotel but not the door open in a lodge.

Rather than fitting air conditioning a combined ceiling fan/light would do wonders to move the air in the room.

12. Dave

Dave TS Founding Member

The aircon they have installed in the moon rooms are individual units so it’s not really an issue installing them on a per room basis.

13. s_g_k

s_g_k TowersStreet Member

Has anyone booked the enchanted village lodges through booking.com? I’ve just been looking at a 2 night midweek break in the last week of June, and the ATR website is quoting a whopping £467 whereas booking.com is quoting £287!

Thats a huge difference in price!

Skyscraper likes this.