• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Hotel Discussion

How much would cost to upgrade form beachcomber to ice age or pirate themed room.
There aren't really set prices, it is dependant on the room you want and the dates, as well as which themed room actually available.

If you already have a booking and want to discuss upgrading then I recommend you give them a ring on 0871 222 1100 (hotel booking line) and speak to a member of the team. They are always very friendly and helpful!

:)

I already booked an beachcomber for £200 for 17th to 20th may 2015. Also would I be able to upgrade to ice room or pirate themed room on day I arrive.

I already booked an beachcomber for £200 for 17th to 20th may 2015. Also would I be able to upgrade to ice room or pirate themed room on day I arrive.
If your desired room to upgrade to is available and not booked up for the nights you're staying then yes, just ask at reception on the day.

There is always evening entertainment in the hotels. There will often be more at holiday times though as there are more people staying there.

Once again, for details I would ask that you contact Alton Towers directly as they will be able to provide much more information.

Is that the old Spa room? Or is it somewhere else - can't quite place it. Always good to see more options in the Waterpark though.

Not being picky or anything but shouldn't that have an apostrophe somewhere there?

Nice to see an addition though, however small it is :)

Leek Signs are good at what they do, although I wish Towers wouldn't always stick to plain and boring 2D laminated signs... it looks cheap.

We were told about this a while ago but didn't know it was being built so quickly.

It is a new 300 seater table service Restaurant (or that was the intended size) which will eventually be replacing the Original Sandwich Co. with the exception of the Ice Cream Parlour. If I can remember correctly I think you will also be able to access the Restaurant from the Hotel side once the Waterpark has closed.

@Scott it is located in what used to be a staff area, the doors were previously used for staff to enter the Waterpark.

We were told about this a while ago but didn't know it was being built so quickly.

It is a new 300 seater table service Restaurant (or that was the intended size) which will eventually be replacing the Original Sandwich Co. with the exception of the Ice Cream Parlour. If I can remember correctly I think you will also be able to access the Restaurant from the Hotel side once the Waterpark has closed.

@Scott it is located in what used to be a staff area, the doors were previously used for staff to enter the Waterpark.

It's what now? Well that sounds encouraging, always good to see increased substantial food offerings at the hotels! Any idea how you would get to it from the hotels?

Starting to sound like Towers have realsied they do need more restaurant capacity at peak times.

It's what now? Well that sounds encouraging, always good to see increased substantial food offerings at the hotels! Any idea how you would get to it from the hotels?

Starting to sound like Towers have realsied they do need more restaurant capacity at peak times.

I'm guessing you would enter through the doors adjacent to the Waterpark turnstyles. Dont get me wrong some details may have changed but that was the original plan. It would also make sense as to why they've put doors on the Waterpark side.

cd10083ec02726a82d32f23b00789fef.jpg

Last edited:
Well that looks bloody awful. Boring, bland, it doesn't even resemble a cave it looks like a staff room, which it kind of was 4 weeks ago.