• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

Bit of a waste of time rapids and battle galleons being open at all at this time of year tbh. Not many people will go on them

I went on both yesterday, they were two of the only attractions that didn't have huge queues and improved the quality of our day significantly. Likewise Spinjam and The Blade.

Not everybody wants to stand in 90 minute queues for coasters all day.

I went on both yesterday, they were two of the only attractions that didn't have huge queues and improved the quality of our day significantly. Likewise Spinjam and The Blade.

Not everybody wants to stand in 90 minute queues for coasters all day.
I meant for towers it probs isn't very worthwhile if they're only getting a handful of guests on them

CRR and Battle Galleons run constantly when open irrespective of the number of guests in the queue. They’re not like coasters which only need to send trains when there’s guests there to ride them.

Aren’t CRRs the park’s most power hungry ride due to the requirement for the pumps to be running consistently?

Interestingly the ride close is still listed as 4:10 so presumably they remembered to change the closing time but not the opening time.

It was just a really heavy downpour for about 20 mins. Nemmy even closed for a very short time. The ops on nemmy today are absolutely incredible. Fairplay to the park. Each ride host only has 3 rows of restraints to check and all trains are leaving just as the other hits the break run. Couldn’t be running any better if they tried. I queued 1 hour exactly from the entrance with the extension fully open 👏

Nemesis has a wait of an hour and a half this evening, I dread to think what it will be like tomorrow night, particularly when all the other rides are still closed from fireworks combined with it being it’s last night

Nemesis has a wait of an hour and a half this evening, I dread to think what it will be like tomorrow night, particularly when all the other rides are still closed from fireworks combined with it being it’s last night
Everything else was shut so that doesn't help
Edit: Ouch capacity for Wicker. Isn't that like 3 hours lol

Screenshot_20221105-202247_Alton Towers.jpg

Presumably it's the same as Nemesis in that it has to be closed by 10pm. queue-time.com data has it at 150min just after 8pm so they might have been worried about people at the back of the queue being turned away

Out of interest, why have they suddenly started saying that rides need to close by 10pm? I don't feel like they've ever needed to do that before, from memory; has something changed?

Out of interest, why have they suddenly started saying that rides need to close by 10pm? I don't feel like they've ever needed to do that before, from memory; has something changed?
If you fill a queue by 9 and it's an hour and a half by the time you've got through all the queue and shut the ride down, staff are probably fed up of getting home after midnight.... Not sure if they get paid over time?

If you fill a queue by 9 and it's an hour and a half by the time you've got through all the queue and shut the ride down, staff are probably fed up of getting home after midnight.... Not sure if they get paid over time?
And don't forget the locals nearby too.