• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion 2023

No one liksz smiler anymore😭Screenshot_20230305-114929_Alton Towers.jpg
It’s hard to judge exactly why a ride could have a short queue, as there are so many factors.

Smiler could be running at full capacity, while the others could have reduced capacity.

It could have just reopened after a breakdown.

The queue time on the app could be inaccurate.

There are so many factors that affect a ride’s queue time other than popularity… I’m not even sure I could name all of them!

No one likes smiler anymore😭Screenshot_20230305-114929_Alton Towers.jpg
My take from that list of queuetimes is that Galactica clearly isn't suffering from a lack of Nemesis support :tearsofjoy:

Unless of course it's just reopened after a bit of downtime, I wouldn't know as I'm not there.

My take from that list of queuetimes is that Galactica clearly isn't suffering from a lack of Nemesis support :tearsofjoy:

Unless of course it's just reopened after a bit of downtime, I wouldn't know as I'm not there.

With Rapids, Duel, Funk n Fly and Skyride closed this weekend it’s a bloomin long walk from Mutiny Bay for a go on Galactica. You’ve got to really want to ride it to make the effort.

With Rapids, Duel, Funk n Fly and Skyride closed this weekend it’s a bloomin long walk from Mutiny Bay for a go on Galactica. You’ve got to really want to ride it to make the effort.
You raise a good point actually, there really are just 2 rides there and nothing else.

Be a pain for hotel guests coming in that way :tearsofjoy:

You raise a good point actually, there really are just 2 rides there and nothing else.

Be a pain for hotel guests coming in that way :tearsofjoy:

Galactica’s low queue may well also be skewed by the fact today is a Kids Pass specific day and by definition will most likely shift the demographic to younger kids, the fact Wickerman is the longest queue and also the only 1.2m coaster that is open is perhaps no surprise.

Demand for 1.4m rides will likely be lower today than your average day.

wicker man is one 1 train today so that explains that queue, rita’s queue is high due to thirteen closure and the general operations of it, and oblivion is running 1 station with 4 trains so the capacity on that isn’t the best so that explains the higher queue times

Thats true but I suppose it depends on the gap in queue time. Wicker on 60 on 1 train will get through a lot more than smiler on 3 trains when it was only 5
How? The only way a ride operating with a lower capacity will get through more guests than a ride with higher capacity is if nobody is joining the queue for the higher capacity ride (which a 5 min wait would suggest isn't the case).

A gentle reminder before the season kicks off. We set this topic up to allow people to discuss day to day queue times, away from general discussion.

If you’d like to participate in it (constructively!) then feel free. However, if you don’t wish to participate then we don’t really need the off topic replies - just scroll on past the topic. Thanks :)

How? The only way a ride operating with a lower capacity will get through more guests than a ride with higher capacity is if nobody is joining the queue for the higher capacity ride (which a 5 min wait would suggest isn't the case).
Oh of course ye I see what you mean. I meant the amount of people in the queue at a given time not how many it gets through in the hour