• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Similar here; got to our first ride about 11ish, managed to get every major coaster at least once with quite a lot of rerides in as well. Biggest queue was probably 20mins for Wicker Man in the morning, and managed to get (almost) walk on, front row rides on Smiler, Rita, and Nemesis. Granted, was powering from ride to ride, but if you're wanting to just mop up some creds then these off-peak days are pretty good if you play your cards right. Would always love to see longer hours, but honestly, was really surprised at how many rides I managed to get in.

Visited today for a few hours. Very short queues mostly so I definitely recommend visiting on the shorter days, you'll likely get on more rides than you expect

Can you turn up on the day and pay admission at the gate? (Don’t have a pass anymore and tried booking online yesterday but it would only let me book the day after)

Similar here; got to our first ride about 11ish, managed to get every major coaster at least once with quite a lot of rerides in as well. Biggest queue was probably 20mins for Wicker Man in the morning, and managed to get (almost) walk on, front row rides on Smiler, Rita, and Nemesis. Granted, was powering from ride to ride, but if you're wanting to just mop up some creds then these off-peak days are pretty good if you play your cards right. Would always love to see longer hours, but honestly, was really surprised at how many rides I managed to get in.
I queued slightly longer than you but still short in my opinion. I'll just list what rides I did and how long I waited:
Smiler- 30
Oblivion- 10
Rita- 20
Th13teen- 25
Galactica- 30
Nemesis- 5
Wicker man- had 3 goes, first was 10 and the other 2 were pretty much walk on

Am I the only one who's so jealous of anyone there today, beautiful weather, walk on queues for most rides even though it closes at 4pm, would be a fab day out.
You're not the only one. I had my Covid jab today so couldn't go.

But the last few years i've always visited on the first off peak Tuesday of the season. You get on everything at least twice, and have at least an hour to rest at lunch. In fact i've often smashed everything by 12 pm, have an hour to eat and sit down for a bit, then reride Smiler and Nemesis or Wickerman a few more times, leave at 3pm. beat the rush hour traffic and home for tea, even though i love 60 miles away.

Don't get me wrong, i loved Oktoberfest on a Saturday last year, it was wonderful, but i often look at what's likely to be the quietest days if i can

@Ethan How did the above compare to the posted queue times?
Pretty accurate tbf they were fairly close. I'll do a list for you so you can see the difference:
Smiler- Advertised 35 (5 mins less)
Oblivion- Advertised 10 (spot on)
Rita- Advertised 30 (10 mins less)
Th13teen- Advertised 35 (10 mins less)
Galactica- Advertised 25 (5 mins more)
Nemesis- Advertised 0 (5 mins more)
Wicker man- Ride 1 Advertised 15 (5 mins less)
Ride 2 and 3 Advertised 5 (few minutes less)

One hour. For some Waltzers.

But folks don’t like flat rides remember ;)

kZIouJN.jpg

And it's down to 0, I suspect that the app being unreliable is more likely than everyone leaving the queue or the ride having a sudden capacity boost.

Well if someone can provide a photo of a queue stretching back to the kiosk by the towers I'll admit I was wrong.

Meanwhile, the queue time has been updated to 0

Some of the queues were ridiculous today. I waited:
Wicker man 135
Th13teen 80
Smiler 40
Nemesis 30
Oblivion 10
So the one that was really bad was wicker man, which was over 2hrs. Don't think I've ever waited that long for a towers coaster

I am with John. There's no way Roller Disco would be an hour. The park has less on today than yesterday. They were either inflating the waiting time on purpose, or it was just an error.

For that ride to have a 60 minute wait, the line would need to be stretched half way to the archway.

RE: Wicker Man - people should ride WM at the end of the day. We joined at 7.50pm last night and waited 35-40 minutes.

Ethan: Are you not still there? The waits are way less now.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.