• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

General Queue Times Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If significant numbers of rides are hitting capacity and closing their queues at any one time then the parks are clearly setting their parkwide capacity too high and selling too many tickets.
I reckon the capacity is around 15k. The typical number of guests they would get at a weekend is 10-15k so they clearly haven't reduced the capacity. All they've done is take the full capacity and say they've reduced it by half or so, which they technically have done but the typical amount of guests is the same as pre covid. They never got near their capacity anyway ans they know that so what's the point basing it off that

As long as the park can adequately accommodate for social distancing (or at least, it’s been judged that they can), which it seems they can, then I don’t personally see any problem with the park letting in a number equivalent to what they had before. Pre-COVID, the max capacity was deemed as the maximum safe level of crowds that the park could have through the gates, and even though the park only typically got 50% of this number or less, it could safely have accommodated far more.

Therefore, as much as the crowds being let in now may be roughly equivalent to an average day pre-COVID, it’s still enough of a reduction in “max capacity” that the park is able to accommodate and enforce the COVID rules. Surely if the park can get the same number of people in as on an average day pre-COVID while still keeping people safe, that’s a win-win situation, no?

They seem to have minimal issues with their COVID protocols at this number, so surely it makes sense for them to let in as many people as they feasibly and safely can?

Admittedly, I know that some may be perturbed by more people being let in, and I understand that, but the park is a business, and ultimately needs as many people in as they can possibly get to survive, especially after the year they’ve had, what with the lockdowns and everything.

Also, the government has approved of Alton Towers’ mitigation measures (all the Merlin properties boasted about how they had the “COVID Secure” certification in 2020, so the government/local council clearly approves of what they’re doing), so if the government sees no problem with Alton Towers’ measures, then I don’t either.

I'm sure they'll reflect on your feelings when they read this and amend things immediately, instead of making more money.
Well that's the thing. What's the point the park asking people to fill out surveys and give feedback if they're not even going to pay any attention to it

Well that's the thing. What's the point the park asking people to fill out surveys and give feedback if they're not even going to pay any attention to it
It’s to give them an idea on how to improve; the park does take guest feedback into account.

It’s to give them an idea on how to improve; the park does take guest feedback into account.
Well clearly not as I've seen numerous people complaining on social media about the capacity.
It's not about how good their covid measures are, if people aren't following then it's unsafe and the park need to reduce numbers in order to reduce the potential impact

Well clearly not as I've seen numerous people complaining on social media about the capacity
In fairness, the park did introduce other measures after reopening following feedback, such as crowd stewards and one way systems.

We’re all working through this funny period together, and the park is navigating the circumstances in the best way they possibly can, in my opinion.

Hopefully we won’t have to worry about all this sort of thing before too long…

Crowd levels are not an issue in the park right now, sure it's not deserted but there's plenty of room on paths etc. The problem is queue times, largely because many rides are running at substantially reduced capacity. Poor ride availability has had a major impact too.

Well clearly not as I've seen numerous people complaining on social media about the capacity.
It's not about how good their covid measures are, if people aren't following then it's unsafe and the park need to reduce numbers in order to reduce the potential impact

I wouldn't say "complaining on social media" is a good judge of guest feedback really. People with bad experiences will always shout louder.

Also you can head a horse to water but you can't make it drink. There will be people who don't care about others and won't wear masks and social distance, we can't expect the park to police every member of public all the time.

The covid risk is significantly lower outdoors and it does seem they are trying to limit large numbers indoors quite well, but outdoors people need to care about other people and keep their distance better.

Finally, yesterday looks like it was multiple breakdowns that affected the capacity which couldn't have been predicted. Even without covid if there was that many breakdowns the park would have felt crowded as there are fewer queue lines for people to get into with so many breakdowns. In fact be thankful for the extra rides and shows that help soak up the crowds compared to two years ago.

They have definitely reduced capacity..... for MAP and Season Pass holders (all June weekends are booked when I checked yesterday)

Seems wicker man had done a good job with helping spread the queues. Some smaller queues for the likes of Rita and galactica which are normally busy so it's certainly making an impact

My, Wicker Man is now on 180 minutes! The park must be busy today! Although I suppose Smiler is closed, so I’m assuming whoever left the Smiler queue may have filtered to the other big, popular ride.

I see TS has a representative on park today (at least, they have someone posting Facebook updates); does it feel very busy?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.