Gröna Lund: General Discussion

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Monster is so yesterday's news. The park has just announced an expansion into a neighbouring car park. Here's the full reveal video in Swedish:

Before:

parkeringen-bildgalleri-f__re.jpg

After:

parkeringen-bildgalleri-efter.jpg

Full details of the expansion can be found by clicking here.

Delighted to see these plans particularly after the rough spell they've had recently!

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
Monster is so yesterday's news. The park has just announced an expansion into a neighbouring car park. Here's the full reveal video in Swedish:

Before:

parkeringen-bildgalleri-f__re.jpg

After:

parkeringen-bildgalleri-efter.jpg

Full details of the expansion can be found by clicking here.

Delighted to see these plans particularly after the rough spell they've had recently!

The park have confirmed that these plans have been accepted. Should be an exciting development to follow!

Weren’t Gröna Lund planning this years ago, and it fell through? Those look exactly like the B&M invert plans from around 2008.

Whatever new coaster they get, definitely won’t be another B&M invert in any case, but either way, great to hear that Gröna are getting more land, the park really is tiny, but they’ve proven multiple times that they can be very creative, and make wise investments.

dazza4783

TS Member
Weren’t Gröna Lund planning this years ago, and it fell through? Those look exactly like the B&M invert plans from around 2008.

Whatever new coaster they get, definitely won’t be another B&M invert in any case, but either way, great to hear that Gröna are getting more land, the park really is tiny, but they’ve proven multiple times that they can be very creative, and make wise investments.

I think the coaster is a Vekoma Tilt Coaster.

D4n

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Zadra
In stark contrast to Linnenmaki 2 days ago, Grona Lund is a bit of a shambles today. Sold out apparently. Huge queues everywhere and 3 coasters closed. Despite this, this are planning to be open for a measly 6 hours (4pm to 10pm).

D4n

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Zadra
That’s a real shame to hear. I find Gröna Lund’s operations to be quite mixed. Which coasters are closed, out of interest?

Twister, Insane and the Zierer were closed all day with no sign of work taking place on any of them.

Other rides were on reduced capacity despite how busy it was. The JetPass lines were bringing main queues to a standstill. The best example of this was ikarus which was only running one tower and almost all riders were JetPass. Even Monster was struggling due to the sheer volume of queue jump tickets. What would have been a 10 minute wait for Nemesis took 45 minutes.

Ride reliability for the rides that were open was pretty poor too. All of the tower based rides broke at some point and evacuated queues.

I didn't get on the Wild Mouse coaster as they closed it early for a concert. This was poorly advertised and it didn't reopen after.

Despite only being open for 6 hours, queues shut early to ensure that rides were clear by then. Food outlets, games and shops remained open as the park was still rammed. Sheer greed.

One of the most disappointing experiences that I have had at a park, despite enjoying Jetline, Monster and Ikarus. I won't be back. Go to Linnenmaki/ Liseberg/ Tivoli Gardens instead guys!

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
That is very disappointing to hear. Gröna Lund is a park that I am keen to visit but you never want to be at any park when they have 3 coasters down in the summer, that is just not acceptable.

Twister, Insane and the Zierer were closed all day with no sign of work taking place on any of them.

Other rides were on reduced capacity despite how busy it was. The JetPass lines were bringing main queues to a standstill. The best example of this was ikarus which was only running one tower and almost all riders were JetPass. Even Monster was struggling due to the sheer volume of queue jump tickets. What would have been a 10 minute wait for Nemesis took 45 minutes.

Ride reliability for the rides that were open was pretty poor too. All of the tower based rides broke at some point and evacuated queues.

I didn't get on the Wild Mouse coaster as they closed it early for a concert. This was poorly advertised and it didn't reopen after.

Despite only being open for 6 hours, queues shut early to ensure that rides were clear by then. Food outlets, games and shops remained open as the park was still rammed. Sheer greed.

One of the most disappointing experiences that I have had at a park, despite enjoying Jetline, Monster and Ikarus. I won't be back. Go to Linnenmaki/ Liseberg/ Tivoli Gardens instead guys!

This is really sad and surprising to hear.

I’m so sorry to say this, but I had a much better experience in July when I visited. The park was open 10:00 - 15:30, and although I was slightly disappointed by the hours, the queues weren’t long and everything was open (except one of the kids coasters)

The queue times were short, practically walk-on for the thrill rides, and the only rides with queues (of about 30 mins) were the wild mouse and the family suspended coaster.

Even though the hours annoyed me, I think it actually helps that they had two sessions the day we went. It was open 10:00 - 15:30 for the early session and then the entire park was cleared out and re-opened 16:30 - 22:00 for the evening session. I think that, by doing this, they managed to successfully spread the crowds between the two sessions.

I would say that, if you visit on a day like we did, where two sessions are in operation, go for the early session as it’s mainly families in the park and the thrill rides are practically deserted. We got three rides on Monster despite the park only being open 5.5 hours.

Last edited: