• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Gröna Lund: General Discussion

Monster is so yesterday's news. The park has just announced an expansion into a neighbouring car park. Here's the full reveal video in Swedish:

Before:

parkeringen-bildgalleri-f__re.jpg

After:

parkeringen-bildgalleri-efter.jpg

Full details of the expansion can be found by clicking here.

Delighted to see these plans particularly after the rough spell they've had recently!

Monster is so yesterday's news. The park has just announced an expansion into a neighbouring car park. Here's the full reveal video in Swedish:

Before:

parkeringen-bildgalleri-f__re.jpg

After:

parkeringen-bildgalleri-efter.jpg

Full details of the expansion can be found by clicking here.

Delighted to see these plans particularly after the rough spell they've had recently!

The park have confirmed that these plans have been accepted. Should be an exciting development to follow!

Weren’t Gröna Lund planning this years ago, and it fell through? Those look exactly like the B&M invert plans from around 2008.

Whatever new coaster they get, definitely won’t be another B&M invert in any case, but either way, great to hear that Gröna are getting more land, the park really is tiny, but they’ve proven multiple times that they can be very creative, and make wise investments.

Weren’t Gröna Lund planning this years ago, and it fell through? Those look exactly like the B&M invert plans from around 2008.

Whatever new coaster they get, definitely won’t be another B&M invert in any case, but either way, great to hear that Gröna are getting more land, the park really is tiny, but they’ve proven multiple times that they can be very creative, and make wise investments.

I think the coaster is a Vekoma Tilt Coaster.

In stark contrast to Linnenmaki 2 days ago, Grona Lund is a bit of a shambles today. Sold out apparently. Huge queues everywhere and 3 coasters closed. Despite this, this are planning to be open for a measly 6 hours (4pm to 10pm).

That’s a real shame to hear. I find Gröna Lund’s operations to be quite mixed. Which coasters are closed, out of interest?

Twister, Insane and the Zierer were closed all day with no sign of work taking place on any of them.

Other rides were on reduced capacity despite how busy it was. The JetPass lines were bringing main queues to a standstill. The best example of this was ikarus which was only running one tower and almost all riders were JetPass. Even Monster was struggling due to the sheer volume of queue jump tickets. What would have been a 10 minute wait for Nemesis took 45 minutes.

Ride reliability for the rides that were open was pretty poor too. All of the tower based rides broke at some point and evacuated queues.

I didn't get on the Wild Mouse coaster as they closed it early for a concert. This was poorly advertised and it didn't reopen after.

Despite only being open for 6 hours, queues shut early to ensure that rides were clear by then. Food outlets, games and shops remained open as the park was still rammed. Sheer greed.

One of the most disappointing experiences that I have had at a park, despite enjoying Jetline, Monster and Ikarus. I won't be back. Go to Linnenmaki/ Liseberg/ Tivoli Gardens instead guys!

That is very disappointing to hear. Gröna Lund is a park that I am keen to visit but you never want to be at any park when they have 3 coasters down in the summer, that is just not acceptable.

Twister, Insane and the Zierer were closed all day with no sign of work taking place on any of them.

Other rides were on reduced capacity despite how busy it was. The JetPass lines were bringing main queues to a standstill. The best example of this was ikarus which was only running one tower and almost all riders were JetPass. Even Monster was struggling due to the sheer volume of queue jump tickets. What would have been a 10 minute wait for Nemesis took 45 minutes.

Ride reliability for the rides that were open was pretty poor too. All of the tower based rides broke at some point and evacuated queues.

I didn't get on the Wild Mouse coaster as they closed it early for a concert. This was poorly advertised and it didn't reopen after.

Despite only being open for 6 hours, queues shut early to ensure that rides were clear by then. Food outlets, games and shops remained open as the park was still rammed. Sheer greed.

One of the most disappointing experiences that I have had at a park, despite enjoying Jetline, Monster and Ikarus. I won't be back. Go to Linnenmaki/ Liseberg/ Tivoli Gardens instead guys!

This is really sad and surprising to hear.

I’m so sorry to say this, but I had a much better experience in July when I visited. The park was open 10:00 - 15:30, and although I was slightly disappointed by the hours, the queues weren’t long and everything was open (except one of the kids coasters)

The queue times were short, practically walk-on for the thrill rides, and the only rides with queues (of about 30 mins) were the wild mouse and the family suspended coaster.

Even though the hours annoyed me, I think it actually helps that they had two sessions the day we went. It was open 10:00 - 15:30 for the early session and then the entire park was cleared out and re-opened 16:30 - 22:00 for the evening session. I think that, by doing this, they managed to successfully spread the crowds between the two sessions.

I would say that, if you visit on a day like we did, where two sessions are in operation, go for the early session as it’s mainly families in the park and the thrill rides are practically deserted. We got three rides on Monster despite the park only being open 5.5 hours.

Last edited:
Gröna Lund will re-open on Wednesday 5th July. On Monday 3rd July the park will be open for a few hours in the afternoon for a period of silent reflection for those who may wish to visit.

To reassure guests, the park have had an external company inspect all of their attractions. There will be more safety checks before the park opens as well, I assum they mean in terms of the morning safety checks. Needless to say there is no news on Jetline, which I imagine will remain closed indefinitely.

I visited Gröna Lund for the first time last Friday, so thought I would share a few thoughts from our day at the park. Hours were very generous; 10am-10pm. Obviously Jetline was not open, but Twister was also closed and it appears lots of work has been taking place on the coaster (it is due to re-open later in the year). I suspect that in the inspections that took place after the Jetline incident, they decided it was best to bring forward maintenance and track work. This did mean that the park was down on 2 headline attractions for our visit.

First of all, Gröna Lund is a lovely park and just such a nice place to spend time. It is small, but they have used the space that they have very well. Lots of small footprint rides and then coasters that intertwine with each other and other buildings. And for such a lovely park, it was incredibly quiet. Every ride about from the Gerst Bob was walk on for the entire day, we even rode Monster back row 3 times without getting off at one point. It's a quieter time of year for the park anyway, but clearly there has been an impact on visitor numbers due to the Jetline incident.

I won't go in to too much detail on any of the rides. Monster is a very unique B&M Invert; you get some great Black Mamba style leg choppers on the front row but it is best ridden on the back row once warmed up. The station is beautiful! The other stand out ride at the park is Ikarus, the Intamin face to the ground drop tower. Gave me such a thrill every single time, wow! The fun house at the park is also super fun.

There are plenty of great food and drink options at the park, which we made very good use of. Beer garden for lunch, and then the new smash burgers later in the day for dinner. I was somewhat surprised that we did end up spending around 11 hours in the park, but it was such a nice place to just relax between all of the rides.

I do hope things pick up for Gröna Lund again soon. It is a park that I will definitely be returning to, not least to get on Jetline and Twister when they are back open but also to experience the new coaster in their next expansion (date TBC I believe).

Some good news from Gröna Lund! They have submitted the first building permits for their planned expansion, and revealed some new concepts:

IMG_7299.jpeg

IMG_7298.jpeg

IMG_7297.jpeg

Source: Gröna Lund Facebook page.

These new concepts look even better than the ones they originally showed off! The area looks very quirky, almost a bit of a Wuze Town vibe going on.

As for the coaster, it looks rather unique! Exciting times ahead if they are given permission to go ahead with this.

The coaster concept looks fantastic!

If it comes out half as good as that looks, I think Grona Lund will be on a winner. And that stall off the launch… if that stays in any final plans that will be amazing!

That's very blue sky concept as opposed to actual reflections of a layout. Regardless, the artistic style of the area looks delightful.

It actually is a complete, coherent layout. They couldn't possibly build it in real life though. Haha. Unless...