• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hansa-Park: general discussion

Given how fantastic Chiapas' theme music is, there is no surprise that they've gone back to the Budapest Orchestra...

Wonder if they'll look towards Fluch's background music style rather than the normal IMAScore bombastic method...

Why can't they use longer trains...this coaster is begging for a huge 8 car B&M train. Instead, it gets the puny Infinity trains, barely a step up from the Eurofighter.

Seeing as the video isn't available, here are a couple of photos of it testing instead:

g79-IMG_8392.jpg

g78-IMG_8395.jpg

:)

I saw the video when it was up, and it looked very impressive. It absolutely flew through that overbank.

Well, the park and IMA Score have released the first official POV and it features a snippet of the official soundtrack!

Hell fire, this thing looks damn fast! Very snappy and looks set to offer some good airtime and fun transitions. Though I agree with @AstroDan's statement, for a ride of this height and scale it does look a tad short.

As for the soundtrack, thus far sounds very grand and fitting for the ride. I am sure it will fit even better once the theme is actually in place!!

Hansa Park have confirmed that Karnan will open on 1st July (Wednesday this week) with a height restiction of 1.3m.

Very much looking forward to hearing reviews of the ride, and I hope that it is smooth! Will no doubt look much better once it is fully themed next year though.

Well. It has to be said, Germany/Gerstlauer's biggest and craziest new ride has 'potentially' just got a whole lot crazier.

It has been reported tonight by an apparently rather reputable German fan page 'ThemeParkGuide.de' that from 12pm tomorrow, we will find out the truth behind the 'Pledge of Karnan'. There has In fact been a hugely guarded secret inside that tower and the sole reason for the tower itself not to mention the frankly insane lift structure.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, it would appear 'The Smiler's' vertical lift really was a trial for something MUCH bigger. As supposedly, Karnan will indeed feature the reverse vertical freefall drop that was so heavily rumoured!!

I must admit, it does all sort of add up. Why the tower and lift were built so long before the ride. Why the lift structure was sooo over-supported. And why it's taken so long to finally get it open!

*Edit*

Having just had a further scout around the various fan-sites, it would certainly appear this is all true. There has been some form of fan/press event regarding the ride earlier this evening and several sites including 'Hapa Forum' are now reporting that there is a closely guarded secret and are discussing it on their forums, though aren't posting publicly on FB pages so as not to spoil first rides tomorrow!

And now frankly... I just want to ride it even more!!

Last edited:
Wow, if that's true then err, well it's mental! Certainly an interesting (and scary) concept, do I trust Gerst to pull it off totally safely? Myabe not! :p

Certainly makes Karnan even more exciting though!

I'm mindblown and speechless. This is easily amongst the top 5 of new coasters I want to try.

I don't even think that secret element is enough to redeem how butt ugly this coaster is. I think it is so hideous; its aesthetics render anything good it has to offer negligent in my eyes! :p

I don't even think that secret element is enough to redeem how butt ugly this coaster is. I think it is so hideous; its aesthetics render anything good it has to offer negligent in my eyes! :p
It isn't finished yet. They are going to theme it properly next year, it will look better then.