• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hansa-Park: general discussion

Sam

TS Member
According to Screamscape, Hansa are removing their drop tower.

Screamscape said:
Park News - (10/29/12) Screamscape sources report that Hansa Park is removing the Monte Zuma tower ride, and have noticed that it is also no longer listed on the park’s website.

Here it is in all its... glory?

337px-Hansa-Park_Power-Tower_Monte_Zuma.jpg

Bloody hell! that thing looks like its going to snap in half at any minute! :eek:

It was rather decent actually...

As for Hansa, lovely park, and after the success of Fluch (best Eurofighter in the world) and Schlange are going to push forward on heavily themed story driven rides and attractions, all the while refurbing the park because of the sheer gulf in class between the older rides and the pre-mentioned new ones...

Great park though, and great to see them pushing consistency on their areas, because that's the one major flaw atm really, in amongst all the generically placed rides from years before...

Definitely worth a visit for anyone, easy to get to from central Hamburg via train and walking as well...

Oooh, exciting! According to Martyn B on CF, it's being removed for a major new rollercoaster.

Rach on the same site found this article, translated:

ln-online.de said:
Hansapark plans major new project
With a roller coaster that will be unique in the world, wants the Sierksdorfer amusement park position in the world rankings.

Sierksdorf - The Hansapark Sierksdorf working on his next big attraction. Park's managing director Andreas Leicht confirmed the LN "ongoing plans for a ride that will stand at present, the world to be unique." Details called the Park boss still not with reference to the early state of planning. It would be, but a roller coaster that will be like with the "Curse of Novgorod" thematically embedded in the European Hanseatic. After all the passengers should not only thrills are offered. "We want to tell a story from the Hanseatic period," announces light.

Thus, the similarities stopped with the award-winning roller coaster "Curse of Novgorod" but be careful. "Our new attraction is not a copy, but something entirely new," says Light. The construction will begin, however, until 2014, there should be solved by the static up to the fire, many challenges.

To make room for the new railway, next year is the 45 meter high drop tower "Monte Zuma" degraded. The dismantling was done, however explicitly to do with the breakdown in the summer. As the LN reported was the gondola got stuck in the tower height of eight meters, so that the passengers are freed with a lifting platform had. "We build the Monte Zuma off 'because we needed the space for the new attraction," says Light. Because at this point of the park there are no height restrictions in the development plan. It is therefore to be assumed that it will go up with the new track.

Soft also the carousel "Petrel" is. Due to continuous delivery problem with spare parts could the target availability of at least 98 percent of the park opening times no longer be guaranteed. Whether both rides are sold or is still open, according to light.

For the future will not be easy to set a maximum number of rides and activities. The aim is instead to offer the most qualitative experience. Hence the way of leisure theme park will pursued. Instead of arbitrarily thrown together attractions should be the subject of European Hanseatic like a thread through the park. "This is now the expectation of ever more demanding visitors," says the CEO. With the unique selling point "Hanse" wanted the world Hansapark also play in the top league of the theme parks.

Will in the coming year, therefore the park entrance with expanded building replicas of the great Hanseatic cities further announces Andreas Leicht. Apart from the extension of the Lübeck Town Hall in the 2013 season would be added also Hansebauten from Bremen, Copenhagen and Goslar.

The park has yet to 21 - with the previous season just ended Opened October - is lightweight with satisfaction. While day visitors would be deterred by the rainy weather. Thanks to regular guests of the park lies but in the black. About 1.3 million visitors Hansapark Sierksdorf counts per year.

Not news but a jump back to the past that I only just remembered. This might come as a surplice for most but Hansa Park started out life as the lost Legoland!

aerial_76_743.jpg

This is what the park once looked like

00204608B1312734797.jpg

This is a similar shot but from the other direction. The grand building in the centre of the picture only recently replaced what for years was the old Legoland Entrance.

It certainly surprised me when I found out. Even though I knew there was a lost park I never realised that it was the same place that is now home to the raved about Fluch von Novgorod.

So a few details:
Called Legoland Sierksdorf it was the second park after Billund. The park opened in 1973 (5 years after the original and long before any of the others) but was short lived; existing for only 3 years before being sold.
Unlike the other Legoland’s (until Merlin took over operations) this park was not owned solely by the Lego group which ended up being the cause of its early demise. Lego were not happy with the way the park was being run and so removed the branding, even going as far as to write the park out of their history.

But I happened to stumble across This Website that not only confirms it existed but gives a fairly definitive view of what the park used to be like.

Two bits of Hansa news - unfortunately it doesn't look like that drop tower was removed for a coaster but for a new tower.

Screamscape said:
Indoor Play Area - (10/21/13) I’ve been told that Hansa-Park is planning on building an indoor play area in 2014 that will feature slides and foam ball air-cannons, similar to the Gaudi-Viertel experience opened at Tripsdrill.

2015 - New Attraction - Rumor - (10/21/13) The local rumor mill claims that for 2015 Hansa-Park may be planning on adding a large new ride, possibly a new drop-tower ride that could feature an indoor section and with seats that will tilt ride’s forward into a face-down prone posture, similar to the Falcon’s Fury ride going into Busch Gardens Tampa in 2014.

On the up-side, sounds a bit Mystery Castle that! I hope the rumour is a bit wrong and the entire thing is indoors! :)

The bit in the letter about the hyper says:

Furthermore, we inform you in advance about our exclusive big news for 2015:

For about three years Germany has only one theme park and families were the main guests.

How do you envision the next big attraction? Should it be a fast track? For families? With
the thrill factor? Or would you prefer an elaborate themed ride?

For the first time in the history of HANSA-PARK, visitors and fans during the comprehensive
and intensive planning phase, will get the opportunity to concretely and directly affect the largest investment in the future of the park.

And so they decided upon:

KAERNAN comes, because HANSA-PARK builds a HYPERCOASTER
The groundbreaking ceremony will take place this year. The construction period will be 1.5 years.
The time of speculated opening will be January 2015.

The big question though is B&M or Intamin? Personally I think it's a given for Intamin given E:GF's success in Germany.

Dammit Hansa, why do this when everyone will be in Germany this year?

Least it's doable for a dirty weekend in Hamburg <3

So I'm planning on going to Hansa next year. DAMN YOU!

Guess I'll just have an excuse to do another trip to Germany in 2015. :p

Wow, unexpected news but fantastic!

Hopefully they can't afford a B&M hyper, so it'll be Intamin. I'd love to see them try to top EGF, or maybe even build something like Skyrush! :D

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Ooh wow this is very big news for Hansa! Looking forward to hearing more details. A trip will definitely be on the cards in 2015!

:)

Annoying, as I am going back to Hansa next season as part of Scandinavia!

I like Hansa-Park, it's got a nice atmosphere.

I look forward to seeing what happens with this ride, I hope it's a decent manufacturer! Surely it will not be a B&M...!

According to promo artwork on CoasterForce (Can't link on my phone) it's a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster with lap bar trains.

Considering that they already have a Gerst that would be hugely disappointing.

:)

Jared said:
According to promo artwork on CoasterForce (Can't link on my phone) it's a Gerstlauer Infinity coaster with lap bar trains.
Here you go, Jared...

hansahyper.jpg

CoasteForce have the translated press release here too.

I like how it's being dismissed and we hardly know anything about it. It might not be being built by a more preferable company, but give it a chance! :p