• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hansa-Park: general discussion

They also say that the "roller coaster also offer a driving element in the shape of a heart."
Batwing?

Anyway, I reckon this could be a great coaster. How could you complain with a 200 ft vertical lift?

This looks like a really odd coaster. A hypercoaster, made by Gerstlauer, with a vertical lift and inversions. I assumed that originally it was going to be an airtime machine, however it looks now more like it's just a massive Eurofighter/Infinity.

Quite easily.

a) If it's raining like hell as you make the ascent.

b) If the trains rattle even more than some other Gerstlauer products due to the high speed gained from such a drop.

I think the lift hill/drop is going to be enclosed, a lot like Fluch's vertical lift...

Fluch doesn't (or didn't when I rode it) rattle as bad as Saw or Smiler... It's only the Merlin Gerstaluers that seem to be that bad for rattling in my experience...

Karacho had a little bit of shake. I don't think it would've been far off UK examples if it had been running full power launches.

Karacho had a little bit of shake. I don't think it would've been far off UK examples if it had been running full power launches.

Anubis also has some rattle on the launch, but it's only truly noticeable in the back...

Rest of the ride has barely any, which is the positive side of things as this doesn't appear to have a launch...

200ft high vertical lift (think Stealth). Lapbars. Dark Ride sections. Inverting..... family coaster.

I reckon this could be a great coaster. How could you complain with a 200 ft vertical lift?

Because vertical lifts are really unpleasant? I'd far rather have a normal lift, certainly no steeper than Oblivion's.

I'm still having trouble getting my head round what this ride is actually going to do - we need more information, preferably plans.

Huracan at Belantis is meant to be the worst Gerstlauer of them all. And Typhoon at Bobbejaanland is awful, too.

There's quite a few dodgy Gerstlauers around - many of which are worse than The Smiler.

I have to agree. Coaster designers of the world: PLEASE, for the love of Wardley, stop building vertical lifts!

I have come to the conclusion that Gerst should stick to the kiddy / family end of the thrill spectrum, where they are undoubtedly good.

Gerstlauer have proven themselves to be pretty rubbish. Shame that their Schwarzkopf roots have fallen by the wayside, now they're in same special class as Vekoma and Zamperla. Why parks insist on building their rides I don't know, Euro-Fighters and their lookalikes are largely pretty poor.

Gerstlauer have proven themselves to be pretty rubbish. Shame that their Schwarzkopf roots have fallen by the wayside, now they're in same special class as Vekoma and Zamperla. Why parks insist on building their rides I don't know, Euro-Fighters and their lookalikes are largely pretty poor.

Unfair to put them in the same category as Zamperla, as Gerstlauer don't have anything nearly as awful as a Volare...

Steady on now. They may be pants, but they are still better than Zamperla! :p
I'm not sure how they'd rank alongside a newer Vekoma thrill (with the inside rail track design), as the only modern Vekomas I have been on are kiddy coasters.

A few more new points from the mini-site:
Hansa Park said:
KÄRNANs The track height will be 73m (lift hill above the base).
KÄRNANs The tower will be about 79m high.
KÄRNANs The tower made of reinforced concrete weighs roughly 4,800t.

:)

Just a little update, what look's to be the elevator lift building seems to have started.
300442d1408109182-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-10530477_740642302644743_8826403152882013133_o.jpg

301228d1408449653-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-image.jpg

Pictures from coasterfriends.de

Screamscape said:
2015 - Karnan Hypercoaster - Under Construction - (9/1/14) A few more details about Karnan Hypercoaster have been released by the park in their latest news letter. They are now the Gerstlauer coaster as having a 67 meter (220 foot) first drop, with 16 passenger cars (4 rows of 4). The ride’s construction blog shows that the massive towers that will enclose the vertical lift hill much of the first drop are already going up very quickly. Based on the description, it sounds as if the coaster will also feature a dark ride section both before and after the high speed coaster portion of the ride.

The massive towers are shooting up!

a20_IMG_1942.jpg

a19_IMG_1947.jpg

2014_0901_HansaPark_Karnan_Art.jpg

This project is so ridiculous, it's exciting. Like Mystery Castle, that tower will look hilariously odd.

I'm sure it will look slightly less odd when it is clad with... with whatever they will be cladding it with.

That would make sense. If they have two big ugly towers, may as well make them match.
Are there any actual track plans available yet, or are they keeping it all quiet?