• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Re: Heide Park, Germany

Amazing photos, the coasters tops poking out the mist... and the sunrise looks beautiful.

Trains are here! ;D

237767d1381779609-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-imag4059.jpg

237765d1381775885-2014-neuheit-b-m-wing-coaster-heide-park-wagen.jpg

source

Seems strange that they've decided to deliberately limit capacity to such a degree. Apart from Daemonen are there any other B&M trains as short as these?

Oh wow only 6 per row
Seems weird for a B&M, usually it's 7 or 8

John said:
Seems strange that they've decided to deliberately limit capacity to such a degree. Apart from Daemonen are there any other B&M trains as short as these?

Yep, just opened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF-Y5uM0WbA#

It must be B&M's 'thing' at the moment. Weird for a Merlin park though, especially when the chain seem very interested in throughput with their recent major coasters.

A bit of an out-there theory, but maybe there are two extra backward rows to be added on later? Just throwing it out there. :)

Sam said:
A bit of an out-there theory, but maybe there are two extra backward rows to be added on later? Just throwing it out there. :)

I don't think it's that as there doesn't appear to be any additional space on the maintenance bay track for any more rows.

My guess is that maybe the layout it too compact for any more rows? I can't think of any other reason why they'd go for less. I doubt the difference in cost is significant for such a project.

:)

I think it's due to the tightness of that pretzel loop type element. It's very tight on the apex and will probably have a fair bit of force there.

and here is the story to the ride:
http://www.heide-park.de/wingcoaster2014/geschichte/geschichte/

Flying demons were conjured up by villagers. An error. For since they always need new souls to renew their energy to become stronger and to continue their flight. The villagers sacrifice the souls of visitors to save their own souls.

You walk into the abandoned village, you have to provide the Demons. Others have tried to stop the demons. However, no obstacle can stop them. The Demons tear up with it, you press with four times your body weight on their wings and race at blistering speeds on obstacles. With nothing above and nothing below you and rob you eight different flight maneuvers demons Wing Coaster in any orientation.

No one can stop them. They want your soul. You will never be yourself. Are you damned? Or you can save your soul? >:D

I have heard the new wing rider is due to start test early next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The train shells have been revealed:

1385601_241879475966563_415406368_n.jpg

Spare parts leftover from The Swarm I assume?

Whaa? Wait,what is this ride themed on (is it the sequel to The Swarm?) :)

Der Schwarm?

Seriously, that's utterly rubbish. I'm sure I read somewhere that The Swarm's train shells were based on Raptor's moulds to save money, but if that's the case then at least they looked different enough to disguise it. Replacing Swarm's guns with claws is a laughably poor attempt. I can see why they've done it because barely anybody that visits Thorpe or Heide will be aware of the other park and coaster, but that's beside the point. It's lazy, unoriginal, and to me at least it harms the separate identities (if that's the right word) of both coasters.

I just love how they haven't even bothered to try and change it much to look different... they may as well have used the exact same shells!

It definitely shows a lack of creativity from Merlin.

Well that's some sheer creative genius from Merlin studios... not. It wouldn't have been too hard to come up with something new.

They have however taken some lovely lit up photos of the ride:

47e70af46c.jpg

f6101214a1.jpg

1fac17abef.jpg

8437e51baf.jpg

fcacb22442.jpg

e798fc3ece.jpg

5626a454c8.jpg

a74da94638.jpg

Clearly taken inspiration from the Alton Towers marketing team.

It must be the new way of marketing a rollercoaster, hire a load of expensive lights and take lots of pretty photos.

Wilsy said:
Clearly taken inspiration from the Alton Towers marketing team.

It must be the new way of marketing a rollercoaster, hire a load of expensive lights and take lots of pretty photos.

I can think of worse.

Heide Park said:
Germany's first wing coaster - ready for take-off

The test phase for the #wingcoaster2014 can begin!

1382343_10151730567191629_415477408_n.jpg

The awkward moment when you realise that that's the entire train!

Are there any whiffs of a name for this yet? Its just that #wingcoaster2014 isn't too thrilling thus far!

I know The Smiler was a late announcement, but there were whispers beforehand...

Sent using Tapatalk