• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Re: Heide Park, Germany

This stunning photo just has to be posted here:

945807_10151755755846629_629144489_n.jpg

:)

Any photo with the worst SLC on the planet on it is far from stunning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AstroDan said:

Surely Blue Tornado is worse. I found limit to be quite good in comparison.

Heide Park, Germany

Forget about the awful SLC and enjoy the pretty picture! :)

I found Limit far, far worse than Blue Tornado.

Admittedly that's partially as Limit was running 1 train when I visited and BT was on 3, but the superior presentation and bonus helix helped.

Jared said:
AstroDan said:

Surely Blue Tornado is worse. I found limit to be quite good in comparison.

I found Blue Tornado rideable.

Limit was hideous in every single way. Visually it is horrendous. The ride is atrocious.

Out of the 8 SLC's I have been on, it was truly the worst.

Pretty picture though, but I am still not that excited by this project as the various Wing coasters I have done have all been fairly bland.

Heide-Park is somewhat frustrating. They always seem to end up with clones or knock offs of other rides...

Heide-Park-World have some photos of the park's new wing coaster testing on their website here.

1457628_10152023278475944_1874727074_n.jpg

A mini site for Heide Park's new coaster is now up. I assume the ride's name is Flug der Dämonen (Flight of the Demons)? I'll stick with it for now. :p

Anyway, here's the ride's history (translated by Chrome):
Flying demons were conjured up by villagers. A mistake. For since they always need new souls to renew their energy to become stronger and to continue their flight. The villagers sacrifice the souls of the visitors to save their own souls.

You walk into the abandoned village, you have to ask yourself the demons. Others have tried to stop the demons. But no obstacle can stop them. The demons pull you with it, you press with four times your body weight on their wings and race at blistering speeds on obstacles. With nothing above and nothing below you and eight different flight maneuvers rob you the demons in the Wing Coaster any orientation.

No one can stop them. You want your soul. You'll never be yourself. Are you doomed? Or you can save your soul?

A video to go with all that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V9WQOBLkzQ#ws

Facts
Roller Coaster Type: Wing Coaster, Germany Premiere
Manufacturer: B & M (Bolliger & Mabillard, Switzerland)
Track length: 772 meters
Height: about 40 meters
Speed: up to 100 km / h
g-forces: Up to 4 g
Flight duration: 3 minutes
Investment volume: 15 million euros
Capacity: 1,060 guests per hour (two trains)
Passengers: 10 years; 1.40 m - 1.95 m

Construction images and some official artwork:

BdcqiqqIcAEUndN.jpg:large

That does seem quite slow through some elements. Is that due to the design of the wingrider? :S

Considering this looks like a tight layout, and I am still very much eager to try it, I do wonder if there is going to be any intensity to it.

Looks like the only intense aspects will be before the airtime hill, the air over it and just after it. Everything else looks as cumbersome as I expected. :p

Yea, looks pretty much as I expected, hoping this will draw the crowds away from Colossos! :)

Testing attraction in taking elements slowly shocker!

Looks fab, the airtime hill <3

^ Didn't people say that about Swarm... and all the other wing coasters that never eventually got much faster once they were long past the testing stage? :p

Benzin said:
Testing attraction in taking elements slowly shocker!

Usually, I would agree.

But having been on Raptor, Swarm and GateKeeper, sadly I doubt this will get any faster. These rides are the definition of lumbering and cumbersome.

I do think this looks better than Swarm, though. My current preferred Wing Rider is still Raptor, even though it's the smallest - mainly due to the interaction with theming elements and the like.

I do like the look of the 'airtime' hill after the drop, but the restraints on these don't really lend themselves to seat-leaving action.

The ride itself looks great. There's something quite aesthetically pleasing about it and the tightness of the track makes for what looks like a fairly interesting layout.

It does look quite slow and will probably ride fairly averagely - but it seems like it'll be a nice coaster to watch anyway.