• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Heide Park

Re: Heide Park, Germany

All the other white coasters in the park were not added by Merlin.

Limit, Big Loop and Schweizer Bob Bahn were all added by the previous owners.

Posted by Heide.

1911940_10151930886741629_823763804_n.jpg

Great story from Looopings.

It seems that the guy who used to own Heide for more than twenty years before he sold it to Tussauds in 2001 tried to sue the park for the noise caused by Flug der Damonen, presumably he lives right next to the park.

Fortunately, it's been thrown out by a judge. :p

The more and more I see of this coaster the less impressed I'm becoming. Looking at it from a purely aesthetic point of view; most of what has been built here...well... sucks.

I know it isn't finished yet, and I know they could pull some bits out the bag, but it all looks so bland. It's like they've gone 'we want gothic horror' so we need 'wood, cracks and grey bits'. The structures already present prior to the log flume being demolished are visually interesting, everything that's been added since lacks in comparison. Where's the detail?! It's the little things which make a massive difference (just think how much the set dressing makes rides like 'The Tower of Terror') and they're relatively cheap in comparison, all they cost is a little imagination.

Yes it's not open yet, but the precedence has already been set- look at that horribly plain, box like structure which comprises the shop. It's like they think if a shop isn't a shipping container it should resemble one anyway!

I know it will get faster, but it nearly stalls in most of the inversions, doubt it'll speed up enough to get round without feeling like it won't make it. Which is a shame because it's a very good layout.

Slow?! It almost stalls at several points!

I'm sorry but I find these coasters really force less and quite dull now. They've popped up everywhere recently and they're all fairly uninspiring. The only one that looks well done is the rain forest one in China in my opinion.

This layout looks pretty good to me. It's just a shame the coaster is so ugly and themeless. And we all know B&Ms are slow as hell when testing, so lets not worry about that. ;)

It looks pretty good for a B&M wingrider. It will *hopefully* get faster as the trains wear into the track a little more.

Or it may just do a Smiler and stall at points of the track every week. ;)

The bit that got me most excited in that video was seeing the mighty Scream in the background. Of the 3 I've ridden, only Raptor front row, at night, has done anything for me. And that was completely down to the atmosphere, landscaping and some decent theming. This appears to have none of that, just a similar dull, forceless ride.

As I expected, apart from the the first drop and quasi airtime hill, this looks dull and boring, with little by way of themed elements during the ride.

I think it will do well for the Heide Park audience, as it offers more of a swooping, flying experience compared to their other coasters. By no means a bad addition. Kind of reminds me of a weird cross between Wild Eagle and Gatekeeper, expect with more "near-misses".

I only count one proper near miss. You could have perhaps counted the moment the train swoops close to the enormous station building for Bobbahn, but considering they've stuck nets in the way...

BigAl said:
I only count one proper near miss. You could have perhaps counted the moment the train swoops close to the enormous station building for Bobbahn, but considering they've stuck nets in the way...

To be honest it's really hard to tell from that POV, the camera is a bit too low for my liking. The near misses all seem to be from going under things.