• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

Tbh, staff training had probably delayed reopening due to training hours and re-assessments. This also means there maybe a shortage of operators at present.

You ate at the Oktoberfest food stalls too? :tearsofjoy: I thought Burger Kitchen was bad!
The quality of food at the park outlets is laughable and I'm sure its got worse since the outsourcing - from bad to whatever below that is

Last edited by a moderator:
The quality of food at the park outlets is laughable and I'm sure its got worse since the outsourcing - from shite to whatever below that is
The parks main is still internal, it’s just the Southern parks which is all outsourced now. I believe it’s coming to towers from this winter.

It’s only the food stalls on the lawns which aren’t ran by towers. I believe they are ran by a company called http://www.carveryandgrill.com/ they do all the Oktoberfest stuff and also Mardi Gras/Christmas.

Tbh, staff training had probably delayed reopening due to training hours and re-assessments. This also means there maybe a shortage of operators at present.
Or, none of the operators currently working at the park have ever operated it because it's been shut for so long...

The parks main is still internal, it’s just the Southern parks which is all outsourced now. I believe it’s coming to towers from this winter.

It’s only the food stalls on the lawns which aren’t ran by towers. I believe they are ran by a company called http://www.carveryandgrill.com/ they do all the Oktoberfest stuff and also Mardi Gras/Christmas.
Well food at Burger Kitchen AT and Chessingtom I tried within a few weeks were bordering on putrid for what £9 a meal

Well food at Burger Kitchen AT and Chessingtom I tried within a few weeks were bordering on putrid for what £9 a meal
Same for me too, AT has definitely changed this season absolutely awful at Burger Kitchen now.
Heard so many good things about Oktoberfest we gave it ago and was excited for the food offerings...for the price was equally as bad
"Hog Roast" in a baguette for 9.50 was essentially pork soup, nothing roast about it
Schnitzel must have been cooked for 3hrs it was so tough, wasn't crispy but soggy served with a couple of sliced tinned potatoes and a teaspoon of red cabbage.
Add some wedges and 2 drinks cost the best part of £30 and we ate half of it.

*Mods can this be moved to the F&B thread before we get put in the dungeons please*

I was on Hex today when it went down. . . About 1.25pm

Got the preshow done, moved into the octagon. .was stood there for 5 minutes or so then 2 ride ops appeared from the vault side and said we could wait for tech services to come and look at the ride or come back later. . Was then lead out of the nearest fire exit.

On Saturday it seemed like the curtain in the Octagon was broken.

When we went into the Octagon we were greeted by two hosts, one of which killed the ambiance by bellowing "We're now going to watch a four hour film about the vault". Honestly, just shut up. You don't need to say anything. They then stood at the top of the stairs until after the scene had completed.

Also an observation from @AstroDan. In the vault, why do the hosts shout "raise your hands up" repeatedly over the top of the announcement telling you to raise your hands up...

It really does slow the throughput down of Hex with the way they are doing it currently. As the hosts come back to the octagon before they open the doors from the cinema. When I did it on Sunday I noticed as we got in to the cinema I heard the final bit of the octagon audio. Yet we still had to wait a good 3-4 mins from the end of the cinema film before the doors opened to the octagon, as I’m guessing we are having to wait for the hosts to return from the vault.

Fully agree with what's been said - although there's likely a reason, keep the hosts away from the Octagon, and whilst in the Vault, tell them to keep their trap shut. I'd rather it take 10 seconds longer per dispatch than have that. Not to be to be pompous but it spoils the ambience of the experience.

Hopefully, the bigger issues are now resolved.

I did Hex today for the first time in 2-3 years. It's still great to see the looks on the faces of people in the vault who have never been on it before. The host was in the Octagon shouting people through again unfortunately and I don't think the first part of the ride/show worked properly either. In other news, I was coming out of the ride through the conservatory and to my surprise I saw this plonked in the middle. Bits of a fountain placed together. Never seen this before. Anyone got any ideas before my Youtube video finishes uploading and I make myself look an idiot (as usual)?P1050051.JPG

I did Hex today for the first time in 2-3 years. It's still great to see the looks on the faces of people in the vault who have never been on it before. The host was in the Octagon shouting people through again unfortunately and I don't think the first part of the ride/show worked properly either. In other news, I was coming out of the ride through the conservatory and to my surprise I saw this plonked in the middle. Bits of a fountain placed together. Never seen this before. Anyone got any ideas before my Youtube video finishes uploading and I make myself look an idiot (as usual)?P1050051.JPG
That fountain is part of The Attic's queue line theming. 🙂

While not strictly Hex, it is a mad house and provides interesting information that will be applicable to Hex.

The points that I found the most interesting were the following:
  • Madhouses have a UPS, meaning in the event of mains power loss, the ride can still move back to the home position under it's own power. In the rare case that fails, there are escape hatches positioned around the drum.
  • They do not use a busbar to supply power to the attraction for lighting and sound. A physical wire goes through the bearing, this means the drum can only turn 2 times each way before having to come back to stop the wire snagging. I assume this is the same for all madhouses, as Hex does not rotate more than 2 times each way, neither does Drayton's Haunting.

Interesting video and a nice insight into how rides such as Hex work. I recommend watching a few more videos on their channel, the river rapids and log flume ones were particularly interesting. Although the log flume video is subtitled English. Very good behind the scenes stuff.

Last edited: