• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

The turnstile was perfectly effective at ensuring the ride ran at maximum efficiency, ample time to fill the first preshow area before the ride was ready to start. There's absolutely loads of space in the indoor queue and it's totally wasted if you walk straight through the turnstile - Hex was one of the few rides that benefitted significantly from there being a bit of a wait before being batched. Hopefully merge hosts will go rogue and just let everyone wait in the building, especially if main queue is only 10 minutes anyway.

I also don't buy the "everyone gets the same experience" argument. It's a queue line - if you're not queueing then of course you don't see it. By that logic every queue line should be made as depressing as possible lest those paying for FT/using RAP feel they're missing out.
Why would they not let people queue inside? Where has this come from? I see the outside bit being used as just overflow for very busy days and all other days you either walk round the external bit or just go up the steps as you always have done?

because they've specifically added a merge point outside the building, which is pointless if they don't hold the main queue as there's still a 20-30minute wait from there. FT users wouldn't be happy if they don't get to skip any of the queue

Surely one of the benefits of the ride is that it’s fully indoors.

Operationally, re-configuring the indoor queue into two halves. FT/RAP and main queue is a better solution? With a ramp added to exterior steps?

Everyone gets the same experience, it’s indoors and people merge just before the turnstile and it’s controlled by the host? This would also reduce on staffing.

I appreciate they want to get more out of this ride, but I’m not sure this is it.

Of course they could have re-routed the indoor queue too so there is a RAP lane and a standard line, so host at the door would direct the outdoor queue to the correct indoor queue but still allows for a longer overall queue.

I'm just wondering, when might a rough idea for Hex to reopen? You'd think after making a song and dance about in recent adverts about it opening for this season that you'd think they'd want to get it open for Easter break at least?

Does put more pressure on and at least compared to Sub Terra there wasn't quite the same pressure to get that opened at the start of last season.

I'm just wondering, when might a rough idea for Hex to reopen? You'd think after making a song and dance about in recent adverts about it opening for this season that you'd think they'd want to get it open for Easter break at least?

Does put more pressure on and at least compared to Sub Terra there wasn't quite the same pressure to get that opened at the start of last season.
I would imagine it is all very dependent on when the parts arrive to fix whatever has broken.

Why does Hex even need Fastrack?

Splitting the indoor queue makes more sense, even if it could make it slightly claustrophobic if busy. But given that wheelchair users would still presumably need to use the side door to access it surely it means they can't do much to the inside?

Unless they can add a ramp to the entrance steps. But I presume it couldn't be a built in option and would likely upset the heritage people.

The Rap queue was round the back as they use to come thou the door on the left by the 1st Operators booth by the turnstiles. They could easily use that door for FT also so the normal queue don’t have to queue outside.