• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

The Rap queue was round the back as they use to come thou the door on the left by the 1st Operators booth by the turnstiles. They could easily use that door for FT also so the normal queue don’t have to queue outside.

The trouble is there was now so many RAP and fastrack users the door was almost permanently open letting a lot of light into the space ruining the pre-show with the Earl’s portrait. Making all those who can use the stairs use the stairs does make more sense.

Is it known for sure that Hex is still closed for technical reasons, or are they keeping it closed until the initial Nemesis hype dies down to give them a bit of a marketing boost later in the season, similar to NST in 2023?

I ask because of something Bianca said in the recent OTT podcast, which admittedly could be taken a couple of ways, but it has made me wonder.

"We've just opened Nemesis Reborn, we've opened a whole land and a valley, there's lots of things happening, you know lots of things happening across Merlin, Hex deserves its moment to shine at the right time, and I'm excited".

Link - Video should start at the relevant time

As you say, open to interpretation/spin. She is very experienced in PR and has politician-like answering style at times (no offence intended). Hex could be a deliberate delay to get a boost later in the season, but also easily just an emergent issue that has stopped it opening at the start of the season.

Was thinking about hex earlier... im convinced its closed purely for cost saving...

My bet is whitsun week if we see it open... or then main season of July and August if not

I did mention this a few pages back, around March 9th. I still believe this to be the case. It makes perfect business sense as Hex has had a not insignificant amount re invested into it. Why would you not bring this dark ride which is know around the world back with a bang, at a time when it can shine in it's own (queue 😄) light, when other rides (Nemmy) are not overshadowing it.

I suspect there may be nothing majorly wrong to be honest.

Given Bianca's specific wording, "the triumphant return of Hex" it is very possible they want to have a proper re opening for what is a very beloved dark ride. It makes perfect sense from the perspective of driving visitors to the resort, to delay the opening until the fanfare for Nemesis has died down. With new effects and upgrades I am fairy confident they will want to re open this properly, perhaps with entertainment similar the Curse of Alton Manor and it's queue / area actors and of course, plenty of media attention that would otherwise be mainly covering Nemesis.

You could re open them together yes, but you'll get far more press coverage and for much longer, if you stagger the openings of what is two major and two very popular attractions. If they both open at the same time, Nemesis will take the crown in the media with perhaps a small bit about Hex at the same time come the weeks around March 16th. Open it later, you get another bit of press coverage for free, for the attraction and importantly the park for the weeks around the date you choose to open it. Quite a clever move actually.

It also gives them a bit of extra time to polish the show.

Very paulsable that they decided last minuite to re plan the opening strategy of the attraction.

If this is the case I understand why people are annoyed but from the business perceptive why would you not try and maximise you ROI.

The ride has been closed all this time, so give it the proper re opening it deserves, not shunted as a secondary offering behind the mighty Nemesis.

Even IF this is not the reason. They do now get this added benefit by opening it later in the season.

Last edited:
As you say, open to interpretation/spin. She is very experienced in PR and has politician-like answering style at times (no offence intended). Hex could be a deliberate delay to get a boost later in the season, but also easily just an emergent issue that has stopped it opening at the start of the season.

Or a bit of both!

Deliberately keeping a previously advertised returning dark ride closed when you had a sold out park for several weekends with dreadful weather and "other reasons" causing multiple frequent ride closures would be a bit rubbish.

Or a bit of both!

Deliberately keeping a previously advertised returning dark ride closed when you had a sold out park for several weekends with dreadful weather and "other reasons" causing multiple frequent ride closures would be a bit rubbish.

Playing devils advocate here, but not if you cannot legally open it because you planned to open it later in the season for the above mentioned reasons, therefor planned to get ADIPs and other industry authoritive inspections and sign offs carried out later in the season. Making it physcially impossible to open it early regardless of what is happening around the park.

Last edited:
Is it known for sure that Hex is still closed for technical reasons, or are they keeping it closed until the initial Nemesis hype dies down to give them a bit of a marketing boost later in the season, similar to NST in 2023?

I ask because of something Bianca said in the recent OTT podcast, which admittedly could be taken a couple of ways, but it has made me wonder.

"We've just opened Nemesis Reborn, we've opened a whole land and a valley, there's lots of things happening, you know lots of things happening across Merlin, Hex deserves its moment to shine at the right time, and I'm excited".

Link - Video should start at the relevant time

Seems a sensible decision.

You only get the reopen in once. I assume it will be around May/June before the summer holidays.

Let’s just hope it can stay open and the “changes” really have enhanced the ride.

Did notice yesterday when we walked past that the entrance areas has been modified and now has 4 queue lines! Main, Fastpass, RAP (ambulant), RAP (non-ambulant). Nice that they're letting as many people as possible experience the entrance (only the non-ambulant deviates).

That being said (I assume some of you have some sort of inside info), is there any chance it doesn't open this season?

The conspiracy theories are hilarious.

It’s not closed to save costs, it’s closed because the fix didn’t work as planned.
We wouldn't have all these conspiracy theories had the park simply flat out stated what was going on. Yes, others will have an idea what is really going on but all this radio silence only helps to create wild theories about what's wrong with Hex which didn’t have to happen.