• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

I saw on Twitter that AT had responded to a tweet about why Hex has disappeared off the app. They responded saying that both Hex and Enterprise are currently unavailable but that tech services are working hard to reopen them. So this in theory means that both are due to reopen?

I saw on Twitter that AT had responded to a tweet about why Hex has disappeared off the app. They responded saying that both Hex and Enterprise are currently unavailable but that tech services are working hard to reopen them. So this in theory means that both are due to reopen?
All I've seen on Twitter is this (yes I know it's a fake account) 🤣🤣

1649069633281.png

Well Enterprise looks f***ed, I really can't see it opening any time soon. I hope the same can't be said for Hex but it's hard to know as we obviously can't see inside the vault. It's a pretty standard madhouse, it should be possible to get hold of replacement parts.

Enterprise also does return when we think it's not going to though - so it might later in the season. Hex will definitely return, but who knows when really. Could be more than a month away at this point. I'm visiting on the 29th April and I'm not expecting to ride Hex.

Enterprise also does return when we think it's not going to though - so it might later in the season. Hex will definitely return, but who knows when really. Could be more than a month away at this point. I'm visiting on the 29th April and I'm not expecting to ride Hex.

Sad face!

Blimey, I've only just noticed that Hex is 22 years old this year, blimey!!!

I can't believe how old and great it still is with little to no change since its opening.

You'd think that a ride over 20 years old would look outdated to Guests, but not for Hex.
The unique story, the theming, the score, and the Madhouse itself is done so well that you forget thats its actually quite an old ride. That's how good it is!

Not bad for a ride that's nearly 1/4 of a century old I'd say ;)

I can't believe how old and great it still is with little to no change since its opening
Technically it changed quite significantly a year after opening as it wasn’t really working (I never saw that version but I think the video in the first room was more similar to the queue line video).
But yes Hex 2.0 has basically lasted 21 years without them trying to add laser blasters or anything.

Technically it changed quite significantly a year after opening as it wasn’t really working (I never saw that version but I think the video in the first room was more similar to the queue line video).
But yes Hex 2.0 has basically lasted 21 years without them trying to add laser blasters or anything.
Don't forget our good old sponsors ;)

Hex, The Legend of the Towers, brought to you by Horror Dome at HorrorDome.com

Last edited:
The theming of Hex was, and is, so thorough and detailed that as a child back when it opened (aged 9) I genuinely thought that we were entering the actual vault behind the real bookcase and the branch in the vault was the fallen branch itself.

I’ve grown up since then, but it goes to show what a genuinely amazing attraction Hex really is, and that every year children experience the magic for the first time.

It’s my favourite non - coaster attraction on park, hands down.

The theming of Hex was, and is, so thorough and detailed that as a child back when it opened (aged 9) I genuinely thought that we were entering the actual vault behind the real bookcase and the branch in the vault was the fallen branch itself.

I’ve grown up since then, but it goes to show what a genuinely amazing attraction Hex really is, and that every year children experience the magic for the first time.

It’s my favourite non - coaster attraction on park, hands down.

Totally agree with this.
It’s like HH was - before it got ruined
Excellent ride

The main difference is that Hex is predominately located in the Towers themselves which contribute massively to the theming and atmosphere, whereas Duel is in a warehouse .

The Haunted House was a magnificent ride when it first opened, in my eyes far superior to the one trick pony that is Hex.
It was a full five minutes of thrills and varied entertainment.
There was no sign of a warehouse when you rode it.
Hex is housed in a similar metal shed isn't it?

The Haunted House was a magnificent ride when it first opened, in my eyes far superior to the one trick pony that is Hex.
I think the main point here is that 22 years on, Hex is just as good as it was on opening day and you’d never know the vault was a metal shed.

Meanwhile, 22 years after HH opened it was more than apparent you were in a metal shed.

This is the vault warehouse;

Screenshot_20220413-115547-312.png

As part of the planning permission, if Hex is (god forbid) ever removed, the warehouse must be demolished.

I'd say the main reason why I love Hex is because it is one of a dwindling number or rides that make you think "Wait, how was that done?"
It can take several goes through to realise that the room spins around you, that you tilt a few degrees either way to enhance the illusion, that you exit the towers after the octagon preshow and exactly where the transition from towers to warehouse is. Once you understand all that, it is fun watching other people get fooled and then work it out for themselves. "Wait, if I'm upside down then why isn't my hair sticking up?"
In recent years, new dark rides have transitioned to over reliance on screens which means there is less to wonder about, "of course that was all just CGI". The exception to an extent being Derren Brown where there are some genuinely good effects that make you think (the Pepper's ghost, the floating train, the zombie in the shop), shame the rest of the ride is poorly executed VR. Older dark rides are often poorly maintained and new lighting put in that shows parts of mechanisms that the guests should not see which again reduces the wonder of it.
The only other dark ride I know of from that era that has been maintained well and I believe still holds up well is the Spirit of London at Madame Tussauds London, this has lots of interesting animatronics, effects and a very good soundtrack with narration. Usually everything still works well and it creates an atmosphere of excitement and interest in the city's history that I don't think could have been done better despite including scenes of the Victorian Workhouse and the Blitz.

Last edited: