• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

That door has had its mechanism exposed before for some time, maybe a whole season so the ride can definitely run without it.
Ok, depending on how jammed the part is, and other checks, like ensuring the rest are securely attached, ensuring no alternative damage and fixing (or at leat tapeing) the wires (also assuming the wires wen't ride critical, like a sensor cable) it could open soon (before end of season), but that is a lot of dependancies, and they may just call it quits and get it fixed over the closed season

Balls, there goes my chance to get on the end of this week.

What with that and a fairly wet week ahead, it's the same as last year's scarefest for us, no hex and wet !

Sounds/looks bad but to be honest a lot of the damage is probably superficial. I’d agree with the assumption that it’s lighting cabling that’s come loose, which on its own probably wouldn’t be a huge issue. But as soon as it snagged on that door cover then it’s instantly caused more problems.

As someone else pointed out, that cover had been missing pre-refurb, so it’s entirely possible that it could be an issue that’s occurred to some extent before. So gut feeling is getting the bits fixed will be “easy” enough, but the investigation and subsequent amendments and testing will be the bit that might take a while longer.

For all the issues at Alton this season they are much more forthcoming in announcing closures, so it’s good to see them making an announcement as early as possible. That pretty much fits with my assumptions, and while I wouldn’t go booking a trip for Tuesday if it were to ride Hex just in case of hiccups, it shows a good degree of confidence that it’ll be a relatively swift return.

I wouldn't be surprised if over these first few days they have an engineering team from Vekoma on standby as well as a few more AT Maintenance engineers monitoring the ride itself, just to keep an eye on things so while this incident has happened the fact that the website is already showing a date means that they must have kicked into action this afternoon and already investigated what has happened and what work needs doing to fix it and the estimated timescales.