• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

one thing to remember, ordering parts can take time and most of these parts aren't lying on the shelf so the parts need to be manurfactured and shipped, depending on the parts it can take months (from ryan the ride mechanic their b and m lift motor & gear box was apparently about 6 months to arrive)
I think we're all very, very aware of this by now. This is exactly the conversation we all had this time last year... theoretically the park have now had a full 12 months to order, receive and install parts for this ride.

Can't see anyone moaning per se, its just disappointing to see a ride that's been closed for practically a whole season ... closed a little bit longer.is

Can't see anyone moaning per se, its just disappointing to see a ride that's been closed for practically a whole season ... closed a little bit longer.
Is it though? Unfortunate is the word I'd go for personally. It is what it is

I’m sure there’s a genuine reason, but I fully expected Hex to be open from the start of the season, so this is very disappointing news. They’ve had a heck of a long time to get it sorted!
I think we all did tbh. Well that's me waiting til I know it's opening before planning a visit.

Surely they would have known Hex wasn't to open at season start when they released the promo a few weeks ago for 2024 with Hex on it !!

One thing to note, don't forget that video was for the upcoming season as a whole and what we have to look forward to across the year. It wasn't a "this is what's open from day 1"

I get what you're saying, but I think it just showed a confidence in it reopening at some point rather than day 1.

One thing to note, don't forget that video was for the upcoming season as a whole and what we have to look forward to across the year. It wasn't a "this is what's open from day 1"

I get what you're saying, but I think it just showed a confidence in it reopening at some point rather than day 1.
Yes of course yet arguably very misleading , a small disclaimer would have been good if they knew then.

Everything points to the fact they were fully expecting it to be open at the start of the season and some additional maintenance issue has come up.

When they made the big deal about it a few weeks back, they also took it off the Temporary Closure page on the site (whilst Skyride remained listed). Today it's been re-added, so clearly something has occurred in the meantime.

As poor as this is - if they don't have the parts, they don't have the parts. If they had been ordered in plenty time and got held up - there isn't much the park can do. I remember one of the PB engineers saying [when talking about the Valhalla delays] that parts that use to take a few days to a couple of weeks to arrive now take months. If this is genuinely the case, we will likely be seeing more delays like this.

I'm gutted. I was so hopeful with it being taken off the closures list.

Nemesis, Wickerman in the dark, my boyfriend's first ride on Smiler, and Hex was all I was focused on for next Saturday.

Sunday is also a day on park with my 11 year old, 1.37m niece, and it's another attraction gone from a very weak list of rides more mature than Cbeebies but suitable for someone 3cm too small for the big rides.

BUT, if the rest of this message is sincere, and Hex will reopen later in the year feeling refreshed, rejuvenated and with a new twinkle in its (red glowing) eyes...I'll let them off

We'll never know the full reasons why Hex wont open next weekend. As others have said, the obvious cause is delays in parts, but it could even be something to do with what they say they are doing to improve the effects. By that I mean lets say the original plan when it closed last year was to open at the start of this season with it fully repaired but operating with very little new effects, if any. Then The Curse opens. Management sees how phenomenally well received it has been so plan for new effects for Hex to bring that up to similar levels of quality effects. Budgets and capex's then have to be submitted. If there is a delay getting that through (and in any corporation that can take weeks or months), that may mean that they only got the green light a few weeks ago. Then the decision is made to keep it closed and make a big deal of it's reopening after the Nemesis (and Hyperia) excitement has died down. Bianca did say in her announcement "From events to new attractions, it's my ambition that there is always something to look forward to in 2024 - long after opening"

It could also be something like resources. I'd imagine Merlin Magic Making will be involved in the improvements. Considering they are tied up with Nemesis at the moment, maybe its just a question of not enough resources to look at Hex until Nemesis is complete.