• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

Well yes, although I've never watched that myself. I don't think it's essential to understanding the story though.
Perhaps not, but it definitely enhances the experience. I remember being bewitched by it as a Gosling, terrified not knowing what I was letting myself in for. I'd argue that you don't quite get the full experience without it. You're not missing part of the story, but it's definitely not quite the same without it. Having said that, the queue often isn't long enough to really watch it now anyway.

Much like the sound system, wasn't the queue floor also redone for 2017? Thus, that version of the attraction really hasn't aged well.

Yes it was. Here is a blog post from March 2017 outlining the work that was undertaken for that refurb:

This says it all.....

1000027620.jpg

They made it sound like they replaced the sound system on the basis it was 16 years old and not by what there ears were telling them....🤦
They basically just binned the Bose speakers and replaced them with OHM speakers, and then turned up the volume.

We all know the TLC project was away to cover up cuts and savings, it was nothing more.

As far as I know the updates and stuff on hex only happened a few weeks before the ride opened, and certainly wasn’t a year long thing.

It will be interesting to see what they have done with the ride... but there is problem here. Us Towers enthusiasts are starting to hope/ make assumptions that upgrades or enhancements have been made. I think we all need to take a massive step backwards with this. My thoughts are that the ride system has been repaired and not much more... if we all go in with that assumption we surely can't be disappointed. All this chat about effects and sound systems is raising a bar that may not have been touched.

It will be interesting to see what they have done with the ride... but there is problem here. Us Towers enthusiasts are starting to hope/ make assumptions that upgrades or enhancements have been made. I think we all need to take a massive step backwards with this. My thoughts are that the ride system has been repaired and not much more... if we all go in with that assumption we surely can't be disappointed. All this chat about effects and sound systems is raising a bar that may not have been touched.

In regards to the sound system, is moving a few dials on an amplifier really an upgrade? I think not.

I personally think it just needs tuning.

Last edited: