• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Hex: The Future

I couldn’t see them changing the soundtrack.

I imagine we’ll get more in the octagon, as currently it’s just a bit of wind and some strobes, there is definitely more you could do in their with modern technology. I would also do a bit more in the cinema room, a few 4D effects would be nice to give it a more 4D feel.

As for the vault, I’m not really sure what else they would do in there as it’s pretty good. But I guess they’ll add some more modern lighting and hopefully sort out the volume of the audio.

I couldn’t see them changing the soundtrack.

I imagine we’ll get more in the octagon, as currently it’s just a bit of wind and some strobes, there is definitely more you could do in their with modern technology. I would also do a bit more in the cinema room, a few 4D effects would be nice to give it a more 4D feel.

As for the vault, I’m not really sure what else they would do in there as it’s pretty good. But I guess they’ll add some more modern lighting and hopefully sort out the volume of the audio.
I still maintain that the vault ending would be so much better if the lights went off (as they do) but stayed off through the end of the finale when the room is upside down followed by the bit with the 'twinkling' audio as it fades to silence and then they only come back on once the room is the right way up again. The way it is at the moment feels like when you're inside the preshow of Wicker Man preshow when the lights come back on and the curtain draws back across as it resets.

If they dare touch that soundtrack.....

The thought of an imascore hex soundtrack could turn this place apoplectic

Things the ride needed:
Method to hold the queue so people observe more of the queue line video

Cinema room projector upgrading
Cinema room ceiling lighting made dynamic again
Better audio

Octagon “sparking” motor kept working
Rain affect returning
Plussing perhaps with a “lightning” effect
Lighting to “show” the route into the vault when the curtain moved
Better lighting on the bookcase
Plussing with the beggar woman statue fhanged into an animatronic or something similar
Plussing with a low lying fog machine
Plussing with a “branch” lighting effect
Better audio

The mechanical ride system fixing
Speaker improvements in the vault
Special effects fixing in the vault (pulsing tubes, spinning lighting etc)
Plussing with addition of post show speakers
Plussing maybe with show and tell of the real tree?
Ensuring smoke barrels are filled up
Get the fibre working on the branch
Fix any “creaking”

What it doesn’t need:
Adding too much light throughout
A change to the soundtrack
Any external light getting into the main queue
Unrealistic gimmicks (projection mapping/screen based pictures)

Looking at the new look, I do wonder if the more 'artificial' lighting could be part of a sequel story idea for Hex explaining the big changes are happening?

Maybe it could be that the curse of the oak tree is taking over more of Towers such explaining how the queueline is looking like the way it is?

I did make the idea of a sequel to the ride some months ago in which the curse takes over more of the Towers and it could be that it's actually happening?

I’ve always thought Hex could make one of the best first attractions in an Alton “rise of the resistance” ever.

Leaving the Hex vault building into a second experiment, either back into the towers for another pre show and then back out to another separate building for a trackless dark ride.

Or straight out the back of the hex vault into a new building in place of MMM North for a trackless dark ride.

Last edited:
^Double post, whip him hard.
Another season, another Hex closure.
I'm not too sure the ride will be back.
SBNO for quite a while now, on and off.
When was it last running without problems?:

The thought of an imascore hex soundtrack could turn this place apoplectic

Things the ride needed:
Method to hold the queue so people observe more of the queue line video
I don't know if they could do that because not everyone uses the main queue (RAP users use the entrance next to the ride host). If they were to do that then they'd have to make the main entrance more accessible and as its a listed building I doubt they'd be allowed to.

I think if you had the screens further back, and into the first holding area, with the show starting interrupting the video, you could get more people to see it...and make the wait before the first show scene feel a little less awkward for those people first through the turnstile