• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Holiday Park 2014: Premier Launched Coaster

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Removing old rides is not the problem, it just seems that they are removing a lot, and not replacing everything making the park looking even more empty. And even when they decide to retheme an existing ride, it never ends with something incredible. The worst being Anubis Freefall Tower, but Tabaluga or the new Vickie Flume are not special either.

Once again they've clearly invested a lot of money since they bought the park, and it was much needed. They've done a great job with Maya Land and the new entrance and I hope they'll keep things going that way. I just dont see the point of removing rides, and not all of them were bad, when you still have a lot of space to expand.

I'm waiting to see what they will do for 2015, I think that the plan in the near future is to have a new area going from the flume to the Wild Mouse and the Bounty Tower. It would be a great idea, and I'm waiting to see what they are going to build there.

Looks like the investment strategy is working as park attendance increased by 17% this season with the opening of sky scream. Overall since they purchased the park in 2010
attendance has rose by massive 47%, with 645,000 guests in 2014. Next year they plan a new family ride to replace the condor, finish the sky scream theming and a new station for EG.

Hopefully they theme the inside of the Sky Scream station building. Despite the exterior looking excellent it appears that the interior is the same as it was back in April. Would be a shame if they left it like that to let the overall theme down.

:)

Bit of news from Olly Daypark on their fansite.
  • The turnstile in the Expedition GeForce station is to be rebuilt and Sky Scream gets a turnstile in the station.
  • Both EGF trains have been extensively refurbed and will be used next season.
  • The controversial Anubis music on Free Fall Tower is replaced with instrumental songs from the Anubis movie.
  • The Halloween event next year will include more adult offerings.
  • The bus stop outside the park entrance is being rebuilt.
  • The price for the Express Pass is raised to €35 and limited to a total of 10 queuejumps per person per day (point based system). A ride in the front row of EGF or Sky Scream is two points.
Disappointing that there's no news about EGF's station. Hopefully though a new turnstyle set-up will stop it being the scrum that it currently is.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.