• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Holiday Park 2014: Premier Launched Coaster

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Pedro

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Expedition Ge Force
The german park Holiday Park, has announced today a first new major roller coaster since its famous Expedition Ge Force (built in 2001)
The park always choosed to built something unique when it was a familly owned park. (For example: 1st intamin megacoaster in europe, one of the first Intamin Freefall tower, also one of the first Star Flyer,...)
Even if it nows belongs to the Plopsa group, once again it will be a first in Europe : The first Premier Ride coaster.

holiday+park.jpg

It is going to be a clone from Superman Ultimate Flight, located at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

Here are the carateristics :
Vitesse: 62 mph
High: 150ft
lenght : 863 ft
Forces G: 3,5 G
Price: 8 millions d'euros
here
POV from the one at Six Flags

Re: Holiday Park - New 2014 - Launch coaster Premier Rides

Certainly an I interesting, perhaps bizarre, choice.

The ride looks good, my main worry is the support structure is ugly and low capacity

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting concept but yes, throughput may be an issue.

Throughput shouldn't be much of an issue at Holiday Park, the place isn't exactly heaving with guests. Though maybe more of an issue during the summer.

Wow, had no idea there was literally no Premier rides in Europe! I was hoping for an Anubis-style Gerst, but quite happy with this. Looks very interesting, and I can't wait to ride it. Well done Holiday Park. :)

I agree that the support structure looks awfull.

And first bad news for you all, it is supposed to open in July. So you sont be able to ride it in April...

Why no Anubis clone? :(

Meh, different, doesn't mean good though...

Pedro said:
I agree that the support structure looks awfull.

And first bad news for you all, it is supposed to open in July. So you sont be able to ride it in April...

I was going to ask. Never mind - always another EP trip in the planning!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sam said:
Wow, had no idea there was literally no Premier rides in Europe!

There's one at Linnanmaki. A water coaster. It's the only one.

So its only the 1st European Premier Rides Launch coaster. :)

Holiday Park now wants to sell its Vekoma Corkscrew, named Super Wirbel

Link

Opened in 1979, it was the 1st Corkscrew coaster in Europe. (With its Brother Tornado at Walibi Belgium, closed in 2002)

:(

Shame. I was amazed at how well that rides.

420 000€ is a lot of money for a 34 years old ride, with one train needing repairs and without dismantle.
Walibi Belgium try to sold its Tornado for years, but they never did. But recently Flamingo Land sold its corkscrew to Luna Park in France.
So maybe there is a chance for Holiday Park to sell it.

As much as I despise the blasted old contraptions, Super Gerbil (hehe) was the only rideable old Vekoma I'd found, and I'm a little sad to hear of its demise!

Onwards and upwards eh.. sigh!

Sent using Tapatalk

Premier Rides takes part of the EAS in Paris at the moment.

20130918_01.jpg

Also here are some photos from the Fan Day that took place a fews days ago (Source Holly.info):

7102674167.jpg

7676585765.jpg

The new coaster should replace Super Wirbel, that will be dismanteled even if not sold. No name has been confirmed yet, hope it's not going to be "Sky Rocket Coaster" as you can see on the photos.

Okay so they're after making the park on the same level as Plopsaland De Panne... Ambitious! Plopsaland De Panne has some wonderful theming and a very nice atmosphere (or at least it did when I visited in September of last year), and I have always found Holiday Park to be devoid of both.

Do we think Holiday Park will be renamed and rebranded to 'Plopsaland Pfalz' at some point in the future, owing to the style change of the logo?

With a 53.1mE investment being shown as an intended figure, the next five to ten years will be very interesting for the park!

I have to say, even though I've only visited once at the start of this year if the entrance area is anything to go by Plopsa will be on to a winner here. The theming was beautiful in this area, and very well built. It's clear where money has been spent, and where they're yet to do anything, and the contrast is positive to say the least.

I quite like the idea of Plopsa using Holiday Park for a more mature audience though. It should broaden their horizons a bit. The park has some very solid, high quality attractions, such as Expedition GeForce, Anubis Freefall Tower, and Devils Barrels (Log Flume). They just need to lavish them in theming to improve them further and it'll be a great addition for both Europe and the Plopsa group.

Joel, who'd visited several times before said that the operations and presentation of the park were a massive step forward from the park he visited a few years ago, and also said how the new entrance managed to make it feel like a completely different park. If this level of investment can continue onto attractions such as Bürg Flakenstien, Donner Fluss, and Autofährt to name a few it'll be a fantastic improvement.

I do have high hopes for this new coaster, though I'm gutted to see Super Girble going given how well kept and well it rode. But knowing what Plopsa are capable this will no doubt be a worthy replacement aesthetically at least :)

Have they actually themed the drop tower to House of Anubis then?

If so <3

Yes Benzin, they have. They've also added pre-shows and tidied up the queue line.

I have to admit, Maya Land was a fantastic improvement and the theming is top notch, and with plans already in place for the Log Flume for next year (Viki the Viking re-theme), the next few years will be brilliant.

They've started a little with the rapids by adding a new path alongside one section so you can see it and have added some interactivity with canons.

Jared said:
Yes Benzin, they have. They've also added pre-shows and tidied up the queue line.

There's like, no videos/images of these :(

The park has shared a picture of the trains for its 2014 coaster on Facebook:

599610_675978459100570_1011086319_n.jpg

Fresh from the Creative office! In the center, front left or rear right? Where do you want to sit on the 2014 new thrill coaster?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.