• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Holiday Park 2014: Premier Launched Coaster

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Is it back on 2 trains yet ??

Yes, was back in August, I was very surprised as no-one had mentioned anything about it...

Of course, it's one of the most over-rated rides in the world... But would be nice to have an actual theme/station to it, rather than the inspiration for most of Merlin's additions...

I'm going there on Sunday, will let you know if I see anything special on EGF :)

It's Night of the Long Knives at Holiday Park, and next on Plopsa's cull list is the Bounty Towers (Huss Condor) which is up for sale.

Plopsa are determined to clear out a lot of crap!

A classic but doesn't fit the new look. I hope all these rides are being replaced...

Yeah I don't get why people like it either - it doesn't do anything! Plopsa should really be looking to replace these rides on a one-to-one basis, and I hope that's what they will do next season.

The breakdance is already SBNO. It was closed for our visit on Sunday.
it a shame, I really like it. :(

Interesting strategy on how to take the park forward, just remove all the rides. I hope they've got some replacements lined up.

:)

Condor gone.
Breakdance gone.
Wild mouse coaster gone.

We will see what is being added for 2015 but given they added a large coaster this season, I am not building my hopes.

Here is a quick list from what was removed (or changed) since plopsa came in 2011.
- The Mack Monorail + the kid zone (Replaced by Maya Land)
- Super Wirbel (Replaced by Sky Scream)
- Anno Tobak boat ride (Rethemed as Tabaluga, not a massive improvement)
- The Krinoline : Tanzender Pavillon
- The Laser show
And now about to leave the park
- Bounty Towers
- Holly's Wilde Autofarht (and the whole area that opened in 2010!)
- Spinning Barrels
Not mention the Mascotte Holly being replaced by all the plopsa characters, or Free Fall Tower rethemed with Anubis TV show. And on sunday lots of effects weren't working inside Burg Falkenstein, including the "famous" lady. Also the car park is now 6€, it was free for a very long time before plopsa.
On the plus side, the only train that was running on EGF looked new, it must have been refurbed recently.

I still dont know were Plopsa wants to go with Holiday park, but it is clearly loosing all its old atmosphere.
They've done some great job, both new entrance and Maya land are great improvement. On sunday it wasnt quiet, but rides like EGF or Freefall tower didn't have any queueline, despite not running at full capacity.
And why don't they advert on a coaster that has been voted as the best in the world many times? Even the choice of merchandising for EGF is poor, less that what they had before. Every other park would do far more than just a poster in a station with no roof, and a Tshirt in 3 colours. Just imagine what Merlin would do if Nemesis was voted the best coaster in the world! (and it already has a large choice of merchandise)
I know they want the park to be more family friendly, but they can't ignore that it has some amazing thrill rides too and that enthusiasts are coming from all over the world for them. Even if they've done a great job in retheming the entrance, they can't keep removing rides, and increase all the prices.

Last edited:
Have Merlin taken over this place and just not announced it?

It's sad when parks feel the need to remove rides and then perhaps replace them,

Holiday park wasn't a bad park before beings sold to plopsa. It had some great family and thrill rides for a small park. All it needed was money for the maintenance and the refurb of many attractions. And it has a lot of space to expand, so I really don't see the point in removing flat rides to replace them.

When I visited ALLLLLL the way back in 2008, I don't really remember the merch for EGF being any good (cable parts aside)... Currently, the merch for Sky Scream is actually quite good, so perhaps as with any project there's a long termism towards it...

Should also remember that Plopsa have completely redone the entrance area (which looks bloody fantastic), and that alone gave the park a lot more identity... I always felt that Holiday Park was one of the weaker overall parks in Germany, as it didn't have much in the way of ride line-up even before these rides were removed... Plus if you look at the list posted, only one ride (the Flying Pavilion) hasn't been directly replaced yet (cannot be argued that they're not replacing the 3 rides being spited this year as nothing has been said one way or the other)...

Even this year, a lot of the park involves long walks between attractions of absolutely nothing, something that hadn't changed from my previous visit 6 years ago...

Plus if you look at the rides they are removing this year, one's a Condor, a Wild Mouse which people seem to think is one of the worst in existance, and a Breakdance that killed someone this year... It doesn't really seem that they are removing rides for the sake of removing them, but removing ones that don't suit the park (or have brought the park into disrepute), which makes a whole lot of sense to me...

The House of Anubis Tower retheme though is crap, bitterly disappointing even if you can watch the show in the queueline... Wouldn't be too surprised if that gets spited either in the future...

I don't why such a fuss is being kicked up about the removal of some old fair ground rides...

Just look at Plopsaland... they clearly know what they're doing!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.