• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Holiday World: General Discussion

Sorry, getting myself in a muddle with these ruddy B&Ms all over the shop!

For a park that isn't exactly what you'd call a big park this seems like a fantastic addition. It will be one of the most watched coasters of 2015 and will almost certainly be a hit for them. I actually quite like the look of the layout, it's interesting. Also the launch may have relatively slow acceleration but I'm sure there are good reasons for that whether it be the park not wanting something too intense or B&M not wanting to go too crazy with their first launch.

This though is a huge announcement for the coaster industry. B&M entering the launched market is a big deal. We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later after comments at IAAPA the other year. Will be interesting to see if they apply the technology to any of their other models.

:)

There's been very little posted about this since it was announced. Constructuion is actually coming along nice, here is a screenshot taken from the web cam the park have set up:

tbird.png

Screenshot from TPR

The first ever B&M launch is partly in place!

Indeed. The launch system was developed by Universal Creative and MTS Systems Corporation. Nothing to do with B&M!

Another couple of photos, just because you know, B&M goodness and all that:

hwcam.jpg

By0Ezn2CIAAUCi5.jpg

Looks rather nice to see a section of B&M launch track like that!

It's going to look graceful I reckon, what a piece of kit for a "family coaster".

Must... refrain.... from....

They've got a new, wider, live webcam up here that you can control for 60 seconds at a time.

Excuse the potato quality, but it's looking good so far!
4x7gLji.png

A web-cam you can actually control, what a brilliant idea! Also nice to have an actual live stream for a change on a coaster construction project rather than an image that refreshes after a set period of time. Well done Holiday World!

Reactions: Dar
If you Click HOME wait for it to settle, then THUNDERBIRD WIDE - as it zooms back, you can see a load of track at the bottom of the screen!

By the way THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!! :D

I felt the power. Oh yeah.

So cool! I'd love to see what that camera looks like from the outside.

So this is progressing well. Photos from Holiday World's Facebook page:

10710379_10152547236859538_813111943237036863_o.jpg

10710348_10152547236869538_9092983944774470295_o.jpg

Reactions: Dar
I find myself taking quite an absurd liking to that colour scheme. Interesting. As for the track? The layout in the second image looks slightly mad.

Reactions: Ian
Looks gorgeous!

I think this park have got the idea and found the correct market position for this ride.

Nothing too special, but here's the lead car of Thunderbird's trains from IAPPA:

10360361_10152890584168566_4421716764781901373_n.jpg