• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Wow, you could already see that it was struggling by the third inversion.

But then again I've been on it plenty of times & never felt as if it was struggling to make it through any of the inversions, so I wonder what's different. (apart from the weather)

Can the lift hills chain be speeded up or slowed down? Wouldn't that have a considerable factor in how much speed it's carrying through the first few sections?
It would make it accelerate faster, but the speed will be the same.

The speed of the does have an affect, lets say for a moment the lift speed was 100 MPH it would stall then would it but it will kill the people on it.

Gravity is gravity, it can't accelerate any faster, but giving it a bigger push gives gravity a helping hand.

Imagine dropping two identical objects, but you drop one from higher and drop the other at the exact moment the first one reaches the same height. Assuming resistance is negligible, the first one will still hit the ground first because although they're travelling the same distance, the first one already has more speed. :)

I don't know if I've been given correct information as I don't have Facebook but my girlfriend has told me that there's talk on the TS Facebook page of a new gate being fitted? I don't know how true this is because she's a little slow, so can anyone confirm?

b5584ae865fcc40ba352f2eb51adb685.jpg
confirmed

Thank you @sianmann88:D

Odd for them to add a new gate though:confused: what would be their reasoning behind this? Anyone?

For them to fit a new gate tells me that they're expecting a lengthy testing period then. So maybe it's not going to be opening soon, otherwise they'd put a temporary one there for the mean time.

b5584ae865fcc40ba352f2eb51adb685.jpg
confirmed
Seems as though they've just doubled the height of the gate. Before it was only about half the size, thus they had to have a staff member there at all times to stop people trying to walk down into the pit. Though why they've only just implemented this, I have know idea.

I like how the fence that is going to be redundant next season gets a new one to double the size but the permanent once get the horrific extensions we have all seen!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.