• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
If we keep saying it will open tomorrow one day we'll be right.

I am all for people stating things, just back it up with evidence. Sorry I browse daily and have done since 2009, only signed up in 2012 but these contstant statements are starting to wind me up.

Anyway, logic would provail that they would look to open it at a quieter time in the week. So I would say Tuesday / Wednesday (of any given week) would be the best bet if it were to open this season

I really do think we are looking at early next week. Why would they be doing all this in clear view of the public if it wasn't going to open soon?

I really do think we are looking at early next week. Why would they be doing all this in clear view of the public if it wasn't going to open soon?

To be seen to be conducting a thorough testing phase over many weeks and months prior to a opening is one possibility. The key here is that it does not signify inevitable reopening in any way, shape or form.

I think if it opens this season it will open mid-week and maybe even half way through the day so maybe 1ish.

Think you might be a little hopeful there. I would love to see it open for the last day of season but...

Doubt it.

Reactions: Tom
The thing is if they were not to reopen the ride this season. Why not state

'the ride will be closed with the remainder of the 2015 season, we will continue to test, and implement new features and safety protocol so as such you may be see testing during the day'

Towers did this not long after the park re opened and stated the smiler was being tested by HSE

If this is the plan and towers are just refusing to state this then as stating your best ride is closed my affect sales such as scarefest then this is a bit wrong for the average Joe visiting towers is an expensive trip and mounts up so can be seen as dishonest.

Finally thorpe team stated no timescale on saw the ride reopening and it opened 2 days later.

Meh........I could still get removed and the black hole re-purchased for all we know. ;)

People might see your comment and just type "Oh no it won't get removed blah blah cost £18 million blah blah" but you have a great point. We really don't know. All I know is that I will at least be riding it next year. That's good enough for me.

People might see your comment and just type "Oh no it won't get removed blah blah cost £18 million blah blah" but you have a great point. We really don't know. All I know is that I will at least be riding it next year. That's good enough for me.

Thats my point, nobody knows anything. Contradicting myself though, no business will write off £18m+ investment. And it will be open, its just a case of when.

lol .... at near 40 they have long gone. My point is nobody knows what HSE have said, nor what is happening it the board room

Reactions: Tom
Two weeks ago everyone thought opening was imminent. We then learned that it was still under prohibition notice.

The only people who know about the future of the ide will be Merlin and senior towers management and they might not even know for certain. Big six free return day for opening? Gives them until November and defiantly won't impact scarefest/fireworks.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.