• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I'm thinking it could be on 4 trains, 1 and 3 have been spotted apparently so has 5, and 2 has photographic evidence... Have they got a new train, do they have the front half of the empty car and the back half of the full car? (Could they even have the back half of the full car connected if they've cut through the restraints. Yesterday they were duelling, I saw one on the first lift, one on the second lift, and one on the brakes just outside the station, as soon as the first train hit the brakes, the third train moved into the station, and the train that was on the second half moved to where the 3rd train was, and almost immediately after the second train started going up the V-Lift, another train went up the first lift. Surely the same train can't go straight through the station and out with a maximum of around 5-10 seconds stopped? I believe it takes around 100 hours of testing to run a train for it to be allowed to be used for the public, and all but one train was running quickly through all inversions, they seemed quicker then when it began testing, but a single train was running slow, like the other trains when it began testing. It was around 1:15 (estimate, not entirely sure) when I got to Rita, which was closed, then I walked into x sector, it was testing, went on oblivion, still testing, went and got food from burger kitchen after going on thirteen, went on toadstool, went on hex, went on oblivion and enterprise and it was still testing around 4:00 when I left x sector. There was almost always two trains on the lifts and circuit and one on the brakes (if it was on less than 4 trains, wouldn't it go inside the station instead of waiting?) maybe they were going to open it on Friday but decided against it due to throughput? I've got a feeling we may see it open soon, very soon...

With constant testing like this I'm hoping they'll have finally sorted out the throughput issues.

...or maybe not since the 2nd train isn't leaving the lift hill at the same time as the first. :(

Sounds like a test too make sure it can run for most/all of the day when it does re-open.

I am never going to buy food from AT again. It really is that bad! And I enjoy shit takeaway food but this really is garbage.

I'm thinking it could be on 4 trains, 1 and 3 have been spotted apparently so has 5, and 2 has photographic evidence... Have they got a new train, do they have the front half of the empty car and the back half of the full car? (Could they even have the back half of the full car connected if they've cut through the restraints. Yesterday they were duelling, I saw one on the first lift, one on the second lift, and one on the brakes just outside the station, as soon as the first train hit the brakes, the third train moved into the station, and the train that was on the second half moved to where the 3rd train was, and almost immediately after the second train started going up the V-Lift, another train went up the first lift. Surely the same train can't go straight through the station and out with a maximum of around 5-10 seconds stopped? I believe it takes around 100 hours of testing to run a train for it to be allowed to be used for the public, and all but one train was running quickly through all inversions, they seemed quicker then when it began testing, but a single train was running slow, like the other trains when it began testing. It was around 1:15 (estimate, not entirely sure) when I got to Rita, which was closed, then I walked into x sector, it was testing, went on oblivion, still testing, went and got food from burger kitchen after going on thirteen, went on toadstool, went on hex, went on oblivion and enterprise and it was still testing around 4:00 when I left x sector. There was almost always two trains on the lifts and circuit and one on the brakes (if it was on less than 4 trains, wouldn't it go inside the station instead of waiting?) maybe they were going to open it on Friday but decided against it due to throughput? I've got a feeling we may see it open soon, very soon...

From photos of the day it crashed it looks like they used the battery pack to open the harnesses.

Last edited:
I'm sure they used the battery packs to open the restraints, as photos the day after showed the cars parked there with all the restraints open in the air and not cut off. Of course it would be far better to open them with the battery packs than cut them open.

Probably, a lot of the stoppages are due to 'a riders lunch flipping out' usually ;)
That's what you get when you put a fried chicken restaurant next to a rollercoaster with a world record for inversions :p

do they have the front half of the empty car and the back half of the full car?
Not likely, the shockwaves from the crash would have gone through the entire train. It would need lots of testing simply to salvage half a train. It would be less hassle (and possibly cheaper) to build a new train.

That's what you get when you put a fried chicken restaurant next to a rollercoaster with a world record for inversions :p

Not likely, the shockwaves from the crash would have gone through the entire train. It would need lots of testing simply to salvage half a train. It would be less hassle (and possibly cheaper) to build a new train.
Plus, I think if the media found out that towers had salvaged the trains, they would have a field day! Also the 2 halves would probably need to be serviced a lot and checked for any micro fractures which could possibly expand over time due to the forces on the train in normal operation. So definitely easier to get new trains, and possibly cheaper too.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.