• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Ah, had just seen the suggestion on TT and it did kind of make sense, I'm not sure whether it was on 4 trains it did look like it though. If they have got a new train (I think they have, one certain train was going quite a bit slower than the rest) that will need testing for a set amount of laps or time I'd guess.

Anyone on park tomorrow who could check the numbers on the trains?

Last edited:
Yeah a weld point can be a weak spot in the chassis of a vehicle that undergoes such stress it's why cut and shut cars are so hazardous. New cars may be the best option.

They must have had another made from Gerst as the trains were at HSE they could still be there or they could be with towers maintenance. I think nearly 4 months would be enough time to manufacture a Eurofighter train considering how many Eurofighters they are. Towers must have placed an order soon after the crash and delivery could have been made at night at some point earlier in the week as the amount of testing today indicates a) imminent re-opening ( next couple of days or b) Towers are breaking the new train in for an opening within a couple of weeks or next season.

I can assure there will be many many people out there who were putting off visits to the park, not because of safety concerns, but because the ride lineup was incomplete.

I couldn't agree more with this. This is exactly how I'm seeing things with the current fall in guest numbers

I couldn't agree more with this. This is exactly how I'm seeing things with the current fall in guest numbers
I think most people would be put off by the incomplete line up and decide to delay their trip until the re-opening but some will be put off by safety concerns.

I think most people would be put off by the incomplete line up and decide to delay their trip until the re-opening but some will be put off by safety concerns.
If I was paying (MAP holder here :)) I don't think I would have visited if x-sector, sub terra and sonic was closed.

Since the re-opening of X-sector and spinball visitor numbers didn't really pick up that much (in queue times) So suggests safety concerns or waiting for the smiler (or sub-terra) to re-open

What about when you see constant media about the rides breaking. It makes ride availability look **** (although thorpe seems to get a lot of visitors...)
Fair point but now ride availability is fine and visitor numbers are still (even at the end of the holiday period).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.