• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Incident on The Smiler 02/06/2015

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
People here posting things such as we shouldn't be speculating on what the forseeable future can be interpreted as, fail to see the point as to why we are speculating on it in the first place.

We are enthusiasts. It's what we do, and i don't think it is for anyone to criticise that, if we thought speculating on a tentative opening time or date was pointless, we simply wouldn't do it.

We all feel bad for the crash victims, however, The prohibition order had been lifted (they wouldn't be allowed to do extensive testing if it was not) and it is time for us to move on from it.

The victims have been and will continue to be well taken care of, but now they need to start damage limitation and get it running this season rather than next.

Some of us speculate about opening because we live 4 hours away and pay a lot for on site accommodation when we go to towers, which i don't want to do until i know the full ride line up is available.

is it testing again today?

Following my previous post , no I completely understand this. I live a fair distance too and wouldn't want to spend money on half a line up if I could get a full line up next week!

However my point was no amount of our speculation will change when the ride will open!

Following my previous post , no I completely understand this. I live a fair distance too and wouldn't want to spend money on half a line up if I could get a full line up next week!

However my point was no amount of our speculation will change when the ride will open!

We know that, all we are doing is making educated guesses as to what is happening, we can only go on what we are seeing, and what we are seeing seems to be pointing towards re-opening very soon.

Its testing again!!!! Whooop !
71D1BAE3-CE76-40D7-BB83-2D992D6F8C5C_zpsfcq9xjvz.jpg

I looks like there is a Smiler face on the front of the train. Hadnt these been removed for testing?

Lets get one thing clear here. the emergency services did risk their lives and do so every day. Getting to the park, on blue lights or flying in, working that high up from the ground on a make shift platform, yes they did risk their lives and the victims can see that and have gone to thank them, rightly so!

But on that basis every one of us risks our lives doing normal routine things, as a part of our daily lives/jobs.

Reporting it as something that risked lives of the workers suggests it's a risk that is unusual or unique to the accident. Which it wasn't.

Its testing again!!!! Whooop !
71D1BAE3-CE76-40D7-BB83-2D992D6F8C5C_zpsfcq9xjvz.jpg
Don't know if the saturation levels have been raised in that photo, but look at the track! Surprised that the mirror haven't got onto the fact that the track is really rusty. ITS NOT SAFE ;)

Now, where is my kay burley costume for scarefest :p

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...ers-Smiler-ride-re-opened-Halloween-new-tests

Excellent news guys, all of our speculation is being watched and now reported as fact by the ever reliable Star

Haha, that didn't take long (although it looks like the article is virtually an exact replica of the one from earlier)! I like how they sound surprised that enthusiasts are looking forward to the ride reopening & getting back on it "after the accident" - why wouldn't we? We all know that the incident was a very rare case, and that now especially, the ride will be even more safe (not saying it wasn't safe to begin with!) so there isn't any concerns. Typical press coverage, sensationalise the headlines and scare the public. Can't wait to see the headlines they s*** out when the ride eventually reopens, that'll be a good laugh I'm sure.

Poor pic but at park close they had left a train at the bottom of the lift hill :/
CCFD1CF5-EBEE-4BE1-8EAD-B3CB0709516E_zpsmo2w263k.jpg

For a while it was sat half way up then it was lowered back down

Don't know if the saturation levels have been raised in that photo, but look at the track! Surprised that the mirror haven't got onto the fact that the track is really rusty. ITS NOT SAFE ;)

Now, where is my kay burley costume for scarefest :p
Nope thats how rusty the track is. :D

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.