• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Knott's Berry Farm: General Discussion

Someone has done a NoLimits mock-up of this ride, and it looks incredible!

Here’s the video:

If the NL2 recreation is accurate; based off of a 325ft lift height and 347ft drop, stats include:
  • 100mph (fastest non-launched coaster in the world)
  • 6,800ft long (longest steel coaster in North America)
  • 13 elements from lift to brakes (including first drop and hop into brakes). For perspective, this figure is 11 on Fury, 9 on Leviathan and 8 on Orion.
I’ll admit this looks stronger than I was expecting if that recreation is anything to go by; it almost looks like the love child of Fury and a more traditional B&M Hyper Coaster, and I love the look of it!

Is this not Thorpes new coaster? Seems to be exactly what was speculated :)

looks ace - exactly what Knotts and the West coast need.

Knotts Berry Farm have announced that Montezooma's Revenge is closing until 2023 for a major refurbishment, although the exact details haven't been revealed yet.

Source (very reliable and good channel before anyone asks):

The Drunk Riders Podcast have posted these new plans on Twitter, suggesting that Knott's have downsized the planned coaster to be a B&M hyper rather than a B&M giga and changed the location so that it isn't as close to the city:

The new plans appear to be around 170ft tall with a roughly 200-220ft drop.

The Drunk Riders Podcast have posted these new plans on Twitter, suggesting that Knott's have downsized the planned coaster to be a B&M hyper rather than a B&M giga and changed the location so that it isn't as close to the city:

The new plans appear to be around 170ft tall with a roughly 200-220ft drop.

Yeah I heard Knotts might've struggled to get planning permission for such a large coaster, especially as I believe they are surrounded by residential area's. This doesn't seem to bad though, I imagine it will still be a nice fit for the park.

Knotts have announced they're introducing a chaperone policy.

Can't see any details yet but i assume this means no under 18's without an adult?

Bold move if that's the case, gonna be some disappointed local teenage enthusiasts.

It states that the policy will be in place every Friday and Saturday. From this Friday until further notice:

Under the policy, all guests ages 17 years old or younger must be accompanied by a chaperone who is at least 21 years old to be admitted to the park

One question... what happens if you're older than 17, but younger than 21? At that point, you're not in the specified age range, but too young to be a chaperone... do you still need one? Or can you go in unaccompanied, but you're simply not allowed to be a chaperone?

On top of the policy which launched last week, the park have now announced this rule will also cover Sundays, and other days they feel fit.

They are also adding additional security protocols and operating procedures.

A teaser for the new Montezuma train has dropped. I spy comfort collars (or just vest restraints, it's hard to tell)...