• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Kolmården: General Discussion

Looks great. Interesting how such a park has the funds.

Look forward to visiting in 2016.

AstroDan said:
Looks great. Interesting how such a park has the funds.

Look forward to visiting in 2016.

Owned by the same people as Grona Lund, so they have a fair bit in the bank considering some of the plans that park had recently (The B&M Invert)...

I've updated this thread title seeing as we've known for a while what Kolmården are getting next year. However as well as the RMC in 2016, the park are getting a nice new family area this year including a Zierer Force 190 coaster. Here are a few photos from TPR:

a_1.png

thumb_b_1.png

e_1.png

thumb_l_1.png

Looks fantastic! The park have also released a map of the new area:

Karta__ver_Bamses_V_rld_medium.jpg

:)

Reactions: Tim
Bummer :confused1:

Hopefully they can get an appeal in fairly sharpish and not sustain a huge knockback on time scales.

Oh dear!

I presumed this thing was a dead cert!

Fancy announcing it before it was 100%!

Wow, what a massive blow for the park and woodies in Europe as a whole. Hope they can win an appeal but I wouldn't be getting my hopes up.

Just a little update on this from TPR:
Robb Alvey on TPR said:
Chatted a bit with the owners of the park today. I'll say more when I can but as of right now they have told me to share this message: "Let everyone know that Wildfire will happen and we appreciate all the support that we are receiving from coaster fans all over the world."

That is a small bit of comfort for Wildfire. I am glad they are confident about it!

An update from _koppen, a Swedish based member on TPR:
_koppen said:
Kolmården is going to appeal the decision to the Land and Enviorment court.

This is the fast way of obtaining the license, if they go Kolmården's way. Then Wildfire can happen in 2016, maybe mid to late summer but still 2016.

If they say no then the zoning plan will have to be created and the ride will be delayed.

Hopefully they win the appeal!

Quadruple post but oh well! Another update from _koppen on TPR.
_koppen said:
And all hopes of ever getting Wildfire to open sometime in 2016 is officially gone I'm afraid.

The park appealed to the higher Land and Environment Court and they were awaiting a hearing sometime this summer. It has however now been decided by "Supreme" Land and Environment Court that a small group of people who own a private road a bit further down the park has he right to appeal the project. Their right to appeal was overruled earlier by both the County Board and the Land and Environment Court.

But now it has been decided that they should be allowed to appeal, and the case will go back to the County Board again.

I'm not really following all the different directions this is taking, but I think that the case must now be treated by the County Board again before the Land and Environment Court can treat it, I don't think they will treat it parallel with each other. And we all know that the County Board isn't really that enthusiastic about the project as well..

I'm really starting to feel that Parks and Resorts should just invest the Wildfire money in the other parks for the next years, and start making a proper zoning plan for Kolmården, and then get Wildfire of the ground. There is just to much bureaucracy in this country..

So it doesn't sound like we will be seeing anything anytime soon which is a shame. The park must be regretting annoucing it all so early to some extent.

Five posts in a row, must be a new record! :p

Time for a postive update though which hopefully might re-generate some interest. Kolmården have posted this to their Wildfire website blog:

"What’s happening with Wildfire?

The process of our awaited construction of Wildfire and planned launch in 2016 has now been intensified. We hope for a positive decision from the authorities in the next months. We’ll keep you posted, hold on!"

WF_planning_visual_2_colour-Exposure.jpeg

So it seems like they are still hoping for a 2016 opening date which would be fantastic!

Reactions: Tim
CF are reporting that Kolmarden have successfully won their appeal and Wildfire can officially go ahead.

Yep, confirmed! Here is some more information Folkbladet.se:
Folkbladet.se said:
KOLMÅRDEN A week after the Land and Environment Court was sitting and view of Kolmarden Zoo came the decision on Friday. "Wildfire" may continue to be built.

- We did not understand the meaning of the judgment, but after that our lawyers looked at it, it is clear that it rejects the requirement of a detailed plan and that we can build on "Wildfire", says Christer Fogelmarck, President and CEO of Parks and Resorts.

He's very relieved and very happy about the decision. The building that stood still since the county administrative board's decision to revoke the building permit for the rollercoaster appealed has cost a lot.

- Not just money, but also power and energy. Now we can look ahead and realize plans for Kolmarden Zoo, says Christer Fogelmarck.

When exactly you can get started building again, however, depends on several factors.

- We have been in contact with our suppliers in Idaho and the Netherlands, where parts of the rollercoaster built and now we are in good order re-start construction. I hope the premiere tour can take place in spring 2016. Had we been able to complete the construction had half the carcass was finished now, and the whole "Wildfire" stood ready in the autumn, says Christer Fogelmarck.

He hopes that during the negotiations and in conversations with local residents and other stakeholders had to sort out various misconceptions and that there is no reason to be worried.

- We have a good neighbor and I hope to grow it even more, says Christer Fogelmarck.

However, there is a risk or an opportunity to land and environmental court's decision be appealed to the Land and Environmental Court of Appeal at Svea Court of Appeal. It shall in that case be submitted within three weeks from the date of judgment.

Let's hope that appeal doesn't happen and this can finally get built ready for next year!

I am still not holding my breath. I am sure it'll get built but for when, who knows.

Posted by Vekoma on Facebook:
Vekoma said:
We are back on track with Wildfire, The new record breaking Wood Coaster in cooperation with Rocky Mountains Construction.

thumb_11698851_1641143779505203_456519180811712925_o.jpg

thumb_11539002_1641143836171864_2520452117697200723_o.jpg

Nice rendering there!

An update posted by someone from Kolmarden over on TPR:

thumb_img_0817_4.jpg

thumb_img_0917_5.jpg

He confirmed again that it is all going ahead as planned.

It would appear the park has forgotten they have a YouTube page specifically for Wildfire, however they have uploaded this first 'Mini Construction Vlog' to their own YouTube along with the Wildfire Mini Site

It certainly looks, well... Wet. Very very wet! Not the most exciting of videos I must admit, but at least it looks like they intend on keeping fans in the loop with it all!

Along with the video there also now seems to be an Instagram Account for the ride too. It only has four posts so far, however two of those are some rather lovely looking concept images for the ride vehicles!

Screenshot_3_zpsqd7smino.jpg

Screenshot_4_zpsm22chhic.jpg

I have to say, they look stunning!

And in another update posted yesterday by the contact from Kolmarden over on TPR... The Wildfire has started!!

wf1_3.jpg

wf3_3.jpg

(Image Source - Theme Park Review)

The first bents have now gone vertical on site. Personally I can't wait to see some of the taller mountainside ones for the lifthill going up :D

So all in all, this project is very much back from it's brief death and is looking hopefully on track for a mid season 2016 opening.

Last edited:
The rendering promised with the initial NL2 POV has finally been released:

Kolmarden still intend on opening Wildfire next Summer; here's to hoping! If a date gets set soon enough, I may just have to plan to revisit Liseberg and add Grona Lund to make a nice trip across Sweden! :p

Some rather funny and endearing behind the scenes videos of their advert filming have been going up. They really are putting a lot into this project! :)